Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone feeling...

Options
  • 13-06-2006 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

REALLY EXAHAUSTED? I am aware that many people are finishing but for me it is a never ending story! I had biology today, have history tomorrow, german friday and chemistry on tuesday! I am wreked! I cant study for history I just dosed of for half an hour their!! I was studyin bio till midnight last night and was up again at 6am! So who else is seriously deprived of sleep and is just really tired and can't function?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

yeah i've been sorta in and out of consiousness since the exams started:D adds to the general surreal feeling that the exams are almost over though, so i'm not complainin:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

I'm off until Monday but tonight I feel absolutely wrecked, heading to bed soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

yup...i have slept no earlier than 4am the last 2 night and got up at half 7.....i have nothing til monday and tuesday which is when my favourite 3 subjects come up and because of that i decided to take a bit of a break today...only do a couple of hours of study and had a long nap but il be back to work by tomorrow...
    look,in a weeks time you will be celebrating and will NEVER have to do the leaving cert again...its hard but an extra few days wont kill you......if you cant get any history learnt now......i think you should go to sleep now and get up at 5 or something and start over......you are simply wasting your time if you are trying but nothing is sinking in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

mwuh ha ha :D WI WOOOOOOO!!!!!
    i don't know the meaning of the word exhausted. this LC is the biggest break ive had in 2 years :D

i actually have time off. for 2 years it was school & homework during the week.....work at weekends and girlfriend in between.

now ive nothing but the LC.... complete freedom. can sleep in on days im off, no calls from work, no homework.... if only life would stay like this :D

it's a walk in the park for me tbh. it doesnt interfere with my lifestyle, go to bed at 1, up at 7.45.

ive only 200 points to sit at this stage, 100 after tomorrow :D i was told i'll be physically and mentally exhausted after these exams by many people... how wrong they are. finally living a hectic life and getting used to it has paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

im grand ;)

have history tomorrow.. havent been studying today, but thats not because of tiredness, im just easily distracted.

then tomorrow night hopefully im going for a big long 2hr swim.. :D

then im off till monday (physics) then thursday (music).

just go to bed early guys, thats what i do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

On the last stretch now. Tomorrow off, TD thursday morning, TD again friday afternoon, then PHysics on Monday

Been a bit of an anti-climax, to tell you the truth. =D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Dp

I'm feeling okay at the moment.

I slept in monday before Geography and I slept in this morning before Biology.

I'm fine once I get my sleep ins but tomorow I've to be up early for Business.

My mind just doesn't function untill 1 o'clock onwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'm not that tired. Only reason I'm tired today is cos I've had a headache all day.

Biz tomorrow, then 4 days off, ahh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I'm knackered and need a drink, bring on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭goodgod3rd

i have, history and chem,

and im wrecked too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I was absolutely wrecked after English. Since then I've been fine. Done very little study thanks to the World Cup and it hasn't really hurt me tbh, except for maybe Irish paper 2, which doesn't matter. I thought it would be much harder in reality, I don't think I've been so relaxed in a long time.

Business and history tomorrow could well destroy me though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

my hand is killing me now too!ahh i hate all u relaxed ppl hehe!no im fine like i just want to make sure i know everything u kno?ah bed time and den up at half six!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

yup bollixed i felt more tired this morning than after i ran the marathon last october, at leats ive 5 days to rest and prepare for physics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I've got History tomorrow, then Physics on Monday, which is my last! :D

I'm absolutely knackered! I can't seem to study, get so distracted!! Just found out History isn't until 2 tomorrow! YES!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

I have 3 subjects left to sit and Im sooo tired! I was up til 4am last night doing French. I have the day off tomorrow so Im gonna tryn study Art History for Thursday, but then I am off until Wed 21st for Classics, then I have Music on the 22nd.
    I wish I was finished sooner. I know people who are finished tomorrow and its so annoying they can go out and have fun! :mad:

But I love the way I can use the excuse of studying for not doing anything around the house, my mam is even letting me just leave my plate after dinner on the table and not clean it up! Its not even a big deal but I feel like im in a hotel or something and they are showering me with treats and lucozade!! I asked my dad to get me a bottle of lucozade when he was doing the shopping and he got me a 6 pack of red ones, 2 club energizes and 2 large orange ones! Wahey!! :D Im lovin it! :D

hah me to sawa!its great!everytime mum says wil u do this im lik no d LC and shes like oh yes pet go to bed rest now!:D:Dlove the treatment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

d4gurl wrote:
    hah me to sawa!its great!everytime mum says wil u do this im lik no d LC and shes like oh yes pet go to bed rest now!:D:Dlove the treatment!

Haha its great but my mam warned me yesterday its going to stop on the 22nd of June! AW! Then i have to start working again, making my own dinner. Well it was nice while it lasted! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

smemon wrote:
    i actually have time off. for 2 years it was school & homework during the week.....work at weekends and girlfriend in between.

You have a girlfriend.. Oh God help her.. I couldn't stick your arrogance! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I put in a massive effort the last few weeks and yes I am shattered!
    Of course if I kept up the study all year round it wouldn't have been as bad! But I stopped caring after I found out my family couldn't afford to send me to Dublin for college and then only started getting into it again coming up to the orals.
    Slept for 14hours on Friday night and 10 on Saturday night and 10 on Monday night (I actually set my alarm and slept through until the morning with none of my French gone through at all like I had hoped).
    1week now left for economics and I'm taking it easy today and getting plenty of sleep before I start the study tomorrow.

• Advertisement

You have a girlfriend.. Oh God help her.. I couldn't stick your arrogance! :p

she admires my confidence (arrogance as you call it ;) )

but you can't hate my for being right, which i normally am. 485 my target, 485 is probably what i'll get. if i get close to that none of yee can complain about my rants as i've called everything right on the button.

arrogance would be saying im going to get 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Boy am I glad its all over on Monday. Had tuesday off, twas nice. But back into the same state as last week tomorrow. TG - ART then Friday German - TG..

woo.. once I get out of TG I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Pfft.. even if he gets 100 he can still lie and say he got 485. :P Arrogance / confidence is useful for exams, better then worrying and being in a nervous state thinking "I'm screwed.. "

Just Art History tomorow afternoon at 2

and

German on friday

:p

Glazun wrote:
    Pfft.. even if he gets 100 he can still lie and say he got 485. :P Arrogance / confidence is useful for exams, better then worrying and being in a nervous state thinking "I'm screwed.. "

im not a liar ;)

im the most honest person you'll meet- blatently honest.

arrogance is needed to get A's. if you go into an exam with a view to passing, mentally you switch off after you know youve passed.

i.e - in an exam you're tired, drained but know you've done enough to pass. you havn't aimed for anything more so you'll say to yourself - ah sure i'll take it easy and write a few bluff points. whereas the cocky A student always keeps going pushing himself to hold on to it, fearful of getting anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I am not tired. I have not been the the exam centre since monday. It's wednesday now. I won't be in it until friday again. Then I've the weekend off for accounting and physics.

Sawa wrote:
    Haha its great but my mam warned me yesterday its going to stop on the 22nd of June! AW! Then i have to start working again, making my own dinner. Well it was nice while it lasted! :rolleyes:

yeh me to!today i was told that im skating on thin ice (ive been a beatch to my mum!lik screamin at her GET ME A DRINK - I WANT CHOCLATE

hahaha my nite of from study!!tomorrow its deutsch all the way!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Need Sleep now ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

just back from excessive swimming.. now THAT makes you tired

im not in till Monday. few days off yto watch dvds, yaaaay.

and learn physics..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i decided to help out with a dance class full of 7 and 8 year olds this morning because i haven't been dancing properly in a couple of months...remind me never to do that again :D i said "5,6,7,8" and a kid in the back row goes "she can't even count properly! Daddy says that if you're no good at maths you're going nowhere in life!" that didn't bother me much but she's one of those kids that distracts all the others just because she doesn't want to be there..sigh! well i'm wrecked..time to sleep :)

Advertisement