Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson W800i

• 13-06-2006 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend this phone? I want a phone that plays MP3s and that's why this one caught my attention.

Just a few questions:
    1. How do you transfer MP3s from the computer to the phone?
    2. Is it a 2.0 Megapixel camera?
    3. I used to own a Nokia 7610 which I think has a good camera. What is the camera resolution on that?
    4. Is there any difference between this and the W810i?

Also, anyone who has had experience with this or a similar phone, is there any reason why I shouldn't buy it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

no my advice to you is too wait for the w810 due out soon on vodafone.

in answer to your q's
    1. usb cable that comes bundled
    2. yes!
    3. i think it was 1 or a 1.3 mp
    4. newer software, no joystick, supports edge technology.

im waiting for the w810 myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I would recommend the k750i, it has the exact same internals as the w800i. the only difference is the w800i come with a bigger memory card. I bought a 1 Gb card on ebay for about €45

It also comes with headphones and a 2mp camera. I had a 7610 before this and the camera on k750i is much better. you can see my photos with it here. http://www.biggreenbag.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

7610 camera is 1MP but its years old as this stage so you can hardly expect it to hold up against new phones...

Why bother with the w800i? If you have a Symbian phone (7610 in your case) you can easily use that to play mp3s....if mp3 playback is all you're wanting, the 7610 is perfectly fine.

But if you want to, you can just get the k750i and flash it with w800i firmware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

When will the W810 be out? Will it be available on 02?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but the W810i is not being ranged in Ireland by Vodafone. They're launching the K800i instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

any idea when?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

whizzbang wrote:
    I would recommend the k750i, it has the exact same internals as the w800i. the only difference is the w800i come with a bigger memory card. I bought a 1 Gb card on ebay for about €45

It also comes with headphones and a 2mp camera. I had a 7610 before this and the camera on k750i is much better. you can see my photos with it here. http://www.biggreenbag.com/

The K750i comes with different headphones as well. The W800i headphones are way better and I bought a set for my K750i

ianmc38 wrote:
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but the W810i is not being ranged in Ireland by Vodafone.
    Will the W810 not be available in Ireland on any network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The w810 is been tested on the o2 network at the moment and more then likely be released , the w800i seems to have a lot of software issues.

Any idea of how much it will cost on 02?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i've had a w800 of bout 7 months, best phone ever, its a cool 750

AJ! wrote:
    Will the W810 not be available in Ireland on any network?

VF decided not to launch it as the K800i is a better phone with greater functionality. I've used both and I'd have to agree. the colour scheme on the W810i is trés sexy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

ianmc38 wrote:
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but the W810i is not being ranged in Ireland by Vodafone. They're launching the K800i instead.

trust me it will be out on vodafone in july.. i should know;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

its very frustrating. I've been in London and Edinburgh over the last month, and the w810i is widely available and advertised, and on most networks it appears. It is being widely used by people as well, so i guess its being available for a couple of months at least.

I've been waiting for this phone for about 3 months now, hope o2 gets it first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

According to the new Meteor catalogues, the W810i is coming soon.

chrislad wrote:
    According to the new Meteor catalogues, the W810i is coming soon.
    Would a Meteor W810 accept an 02 sim-card or will it only accept Meteor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It would most likely be locked to Meteor, if it's being sold by Meteor..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

AJ! wrote:
    Would a Meteor W810 accept an 02 sim-card or will it only accept Meteor?

Ask to see a demo model in a metor store and to right, star, left left star, left, star, left, star, and you'll get into the service menu.

My k700 came locked on meteor. O2 are pushing to get the w810 ready for the network - if your entitled to an upgrade it may be worth keeping your powder dry.

trust me it will be out on vodafone in july.. i should know;)

Well you can ;) all you like, as I (;)) should know seeing as I deal with every new handset that is ranged by VF Ireland. I also deal with the very person in terminals in VF-Ireland who oversees the launch of every new handset.

So I'm unsure how you know this information, as it is not based in fact.

I'm actually looking at the handset roadmap for Vodafone Ireland right now on my pc and the W810i is highlighted in red as cancelled!

And I promise you, I should know! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Hi sorry to thread spoil,since you have access to this information could you please tell when are vf launching the nokia e70?
    Cheers and apologies again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

damo86 wrote:
    Hi sorry to thread spoil,since you have access to this information could you please tell when are vf launching the nokia e70?
    Cheers and apologies again!

Damo i've been told the E70 isn't a live device...

Nokias on the way are:

Nokia 6234
    Nokia 6131
    Nokia 6070
    Nokia N73

trust me it will be out on vodafone in july

/me eats words. It's been decided to launch this phone now after it was initially cancelled... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

ianmc38 wrote:
    /me eats words. It's been decided to launch this phone now after it was initially cancelled... :o
    do u by any chance know when w810i will b released and price ready to go voda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

angel2, from the reviews I've read, you would be better off with the W800i or K750i (which can be flashed with W800i firmware) and can probably source it cheaper than the W810i.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

was gonna go 4 w800i but buyin from voda no voda shop in my area has any left in stock they said its been replaced by w810i

Advertisement