Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Cats

Options
  • 14-06-2006 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondered if anyone noticed a lot of roaming cats around the Court. They've been in my back garden and have sprayed my garden with their smelly scent, aswell as the inside of my daughters play tent, which we've had to bin. There could be a problem here, maybe the authorities need to be brought in to take care of (remove) these roaming stray cats. If they start producing litters locally, we are in more trouble.
    I'm abit paro now about letting my daughter play out in the back garden.
    I wonder is this something the management company would deal with.

Any suggestions ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

go to the zoo and buy a bottle of tiger urine...
    spray it on the walls..
    its very potent but they won't come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manus

JoandMa wrote:

Just wondered if anyone noticed a lot of roaming cats around the Court. They've been in my back garden and have sprayed my garden with their smelly scent, aswell as the inside of my daughters play tent, which we've had to bin. There could be a problem here, maybe the authorities need to be brought in to take care of (remove) these roaming stray cats. If they start producing litters locally, we are in more trouble.
    I'm abit paro now about letting my daughter play out in the back garden.
    I wonder is this something the management company would deal with.

Any suggestions ??

Unfortunately 2 of those buggers are living next door to me cant leave the doors open cause they p*** all over the place. Where would you buy a gun or is the yipper for hire. Neighbours dont care these are their "babies"

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

This may sound off the wall but it works - fill a plastic 1.5lt or 2lt bottle (remove label) with water and leave it in your garden! Dont ask............. cos I dont know but it keeps cats away. Also you can put pepper on your window sills........... :) Safest and nicest way of keeping them out !!!! This is tried and tested - havent had a visit from a cat in a long time! Found one on my stairs one day, I wasnt a happy camper :eek: Mind you my scream probably scared the life out of him and he told all his mates to keep away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Manus wrote:
    Neighbours dont care these are their "babies"

If they are really the neighbours' "babies" they'd keep them indoors, maybe you could point that out to them. Solves two problems, the cats get a better life and you guys get left alone.

They work allday like the rest of us goons so they have to let them out .Have caught them trying to get in the upstairs windows aswell now they invite there mates around and have a slumber party on my window sills. Straight into supperquin for a 10gallon drum of pepper. Is there any brand more potent .

Thanks LMC ive given up on the safest and nicest ways this is war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

We work all day too, the cats stay in. More and more people are keeping indoor cats; it's better for the cats, the owners and the neighbours.

But if they won't do this, just get a water sprayer and spray them whenever you see them; doesn't hurt the cats and they'll soon get the idea to stay away from your place. You could even squeeze an orange into the water to really annoy them, but that might harm them, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

What about a double barrelled shotgun??????????:D

Good thinking batman:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Responsible pet owners should get the job done on there animals male & female

Responsible pet owners should get the job done on there animals male & female
    What shoot them themselves ah don't you think thats going a bit too far!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Cirtus repels cats.
    Gets some lemon washing up liquid and put it on your boundary walls it will deter the cats from coming in.

I still say lead pellets are the best remedy;) or what about a "stray" rothweiller.

Whoo Yaa:cool:

Pehaps Manus we could have a rothweiller racing day on the green down the spine road along the lines of shelbourne park.The only thing is dem cats can be devils for climbin trees.Maybe we could put washing up liquid on the branches.I'd tip the yipper as hot favourite ta win the Derby.Whatd u think Manus

Better still, why not just ask 'Yipper' if he wouldnt mind sitting in your garden for a day.....

Bertie wrote:
    Pehaps Manus we could have a rothweiller racing day on the green down the spine road along the lines of shelbourne park.The only thing is dem cats can be devils for climbin trees.Maybe we could put washing up liquid on the branches.I'd tip the yipper as hot favourite ta win the Derby.Whatd u think Manus

I was thinking on the line of flypaper on the windowsills just to give the dogs a chance or tie a couple of them together...

LMC ive just got the yipper out of the garden he has been ther all week.

Thats it so we can go ahead and launch the "Annual Charlesland Cat Coursing day" .As asecond event we could have Cat clay pidgeon shooting launching cats instead of Clays.Jaysus were onto something big here:eek:

We have 1 less critter for the event. Ran over one the weekend (purely accidental) what sort of a thick sleeps under the wheels of a jeep. Keep an eye out for him he will be the one on crutches.

PS No animals were harmed during the typing of this message......:rolleyes:

Manus wrote:
    We have 1 less critter for the event. Ran over one the weekend (purely accidental) what sort of a thick sleeps under the wheels of a jeep. Keep an eye out for him he will be the one on crutches.

PS No animals were harmed during the typing of this message......:rolleyes:

OMG, thats awful :eek: ! but I will say you've a great way with words....lol :D

Jaysus Manus dats a great idea you've given me we could have a 4X4 off road cat chase.Dem cats would be gone in a day.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Grrrr!! Hate cats.....despise the little fookers:mad: :mad:
    There was one sittin' on the window sill this mornin'...staring me down.....big auld eyes & long white whiskers on him.....meeowing his little head off.

Dem cats look so furry & fluffy & cute & cuddl......and taste great with some Pedigree chum & a long cool beer.

Bring on the Festival of Cat Chasing. I'll round up Fido, Rover, Spot and Gnasher, & we'lll keep the little sh!ts in order!

:)

Right lads it'll soon be de time to set a date for de "First Annual Festival of Cat Chasing" plenty of 4x4s in Greystokes so we'll need a hell of a lot of cats for the offroad cat chase.Den deres a couple of gun clubs in the area so we'll need even more for the cat clay shoot and den theres the rothweiller Derby and the Yipper hurdle.Den I got tinnkin we should run a competition for the ordinary punter --live demonstrations of cat repellent.The one that works best will win a genuine Charlesland Fur coat.Whaadyas think:rolleyes:
    Jaysus it just struck me maybe deres a grant from Tourism Sport and Recreation for dis sort a gig.

Let the games begin I hear the next olympics are been held down at Jackie Skellys. We will have to apply to get it recognised as a proper sport I will make a few calls. We can call ourselves the MONGREL MOB. Any takers:D

Count me in.
    The winters only around the corner and I could do with a nice Kitty pelt to keep me warm:)
    Suggest we form a committee and meet to discuss the logistics of rounding up the scum for the day.....in fact why not have a week long festival....we could go after cats from Bray, Kilcoole and Delgany too.

Call me tick or wha.Sure havent we the purrfect running track there for the racing.And a great setup for cat javelin and discus throwing.Manus tell me can cats swim faster than dogs?.Cos I'll have to think about the pool sure we dont want cat bits blockin up the filters and dat in jackie skellys.What about baseball and basket ball --jaysus talk about facilities dis could go national.And den deres the golf course.Afew belts of a driver should sort out more of dem.

We need a sponser for our kit I was thinking of the chinese in the village , no names mentioned cause the food in there is cat !! Howya Eoin . Maybe we could make it out of the pelts.

Eh! Bertie, I think you're gettin' a bit carried away there.....

D'you honestly think people'd care about the filters in the swimmin' pool if we managed to solve the cat problem in Charlesland???

And as for the golf idea...well that's just plain stupid....d'you have any idea how much my driver cost???

HOCKEY STICKS!!!!...that's the way forward!
    Hard, Long and Hooked.....deadly!
    Y've gotta look at the bigger picture Bertie.

Manus wrote:
    We need a sponser for our kit I was thinking of the chinese in the village , no names mentioned cause the food in there is cat !! Howya Eoin . Maybe we could make it out of the pelts.

No need for sponsors sure we could sell them whats leftover Sure they cherge €6 to €7 for a main course with greyhound in it cat would be a delicacy what about €3 a kilo.

The Yipper wrote:
    Eh! Bertie, I think you're gettin' a bit carried away there.....

D'you honestly think people'd care about the filters in the swimmin' pool if we managed to solve the cat problem in Charlesland???

And as for the golf idea...well that's just plain stupid....d'you have any idea how much my driver cost???

HOCKEY STICKS!!!!...that's the way forward!
    Hard, Long and Hooked.....deadly!
    Y've gotta look at the bigger picture Bertie.

Vison yipper Vision ---a grand masterplan dats de ting .
    Hockey sticks bloody great you could field awhole team that'd put paid to 10 cats at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you guys not getting tired of this riff yet?

Advertisement