Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless on suse

• 14-06-2006 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

hi i am trying to set up wireless on SUSE 10.1 , i can see the wireless connection but when i enter the encryption key it doesnt connect to it.
    does anyone know how to solve it.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

How are you entering the key?
    As a phrase or the numeric key?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭roastie

i ave entered both the passphrase and encryption key. and still no luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

The passphrase won't work - it's just a shorthand used by your router to generate a key. (Pretty sure that's the case for all routers, but open to correction.)

Are you in a position to turn off encryption for a few minutes to see if
    everything else is really working?

NiallB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Ndiswrapper or linux driver

Details on driver?

Can you connect using unencrypted connection?

are you usin wpa-pak or wep??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

On stuff i've used if you want to enter the key as a passphrase , put s: directly before it , kinda like so s:mywepkey

• Advertisement
Advertisement