Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

validating windows

2»

Comments

I totally disagree with WGA but I have to make one point in Microsoft's defence. When you choose to install via Automatic Updates, the WGA app had its own licence agreement. Of course, people (me included) never read them. So it could be argued that sufficient notification *was* given before the tool was installed, only that users never read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Hello Karsini ,
    Thats not the point at all ,

The main points are ,

The EULA only said the software was validating and thats it , it did not say that the software was going to collect data and send to microsoft every day , there is no valid reason for the software to contact microsoft after initial validation yet it does , this was not mentioned in the Eula ,

Also it said that WGA was a critical security update , it was not !

The amount of false positives generated causing inconvenience to customers, including , as posted above , a high percentage of notebook users and some huge corporate accounts !!

No one is against microsoft validating , what they are against is being falsely accused of theft , having spyware on their PC,s ( sending info without permission is spyware , period ! ) and being tricked into having their Data compromised !!

Advertisement