Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply for 2* 7900gt

Options
  • 14-06-2006 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

ok I have a Hiper modular typer R (HPU-4K580-mk),hiper

Can any one tell me if this will support 2* xfx 7900 gt. sli?, if not is there any connection i can get for it or can i mod it in any way to get it to work??

another thing. I have to get a psu for a mate of mine, hes getting a 1900xt and a 1900xt mastercard. what psu would be suitable for this... also he will have an amd 64 X2 4800 and this board ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭maxpower

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You should be fine, your mate should look at a 600watt seasonic psu.

is this the one? yea seasonic

bit on de pricey side for a psu:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

the seasonics are very good and a very silent but if your m8 has a dfi stay away from seasonic becuause of issues

he's getting this " ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe " its an ati crossfire board and 2 ati x1900's

does neone know what connections these need. just To make sure the one i get for him has them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

If he's going to spend that ridiculous amount on motherboards and graphics cards I think he should just drop the cash for a reputable OCZ or Seasonic. Better than blowing up a grand worth of GFX cards.

he got a good deal on the stuff over in de us. he's gettin me 2 of these XFX 7900 in exchange for a Thermaltake zandalf and a really good PSU.

Thanks for the suggestions lads.

Advertisement