Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military Photos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

gargantuan chopper there! What the hell is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

BigDuffman wrote: »
    gargantuan chopper there! What the hell is it?

Its all here http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/helicopters/q0284.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Interesting pics from abandoned russian base http://englishrussia.com/?p=1910

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

gal6_chopper.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

I was in biggin hill and tankfest

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

article-1028751-01b7531900000578-362_468x305.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mrangryishere

<snip>We are all stocked up on trolls thanks. Banned - Hagar <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

mrangryman wrote:

<snip> Please don't feed the troll. - Hagar <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mrangryishere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Dannatt-192_686748e.jpgamin.jpg
    Easy to see where Idi got his dress sense from !!!

Those aren't medals . .. . .

gaddafi_02_571469a.jpg

Gadaffi has started awarding himself postcard's for medals by the looks of things. Saw this on the news when he was in Paris recently and had to try not to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

ROFL. Trying to out do the Baron Jim Shortt I see.....scruffy git, get a fcukin haircut.:rolleyes:

iceage wrote: »
    ROFL. Trying to out do the Baron Jim Shortt I see.....scruffy git, get a fcukin haircut.:rolleyes:

I think it's the 'John Hinde 1st Class Landscape postcard for valour'.

Morlar wrote: »
    Those aren't medals . .. . .

gaddafi_02_571469a.jpg

Gadaffi has started awarding himself postcard's for medals by the looks of things. Saw this on the news when he was in Paris recently and had to try not to laugh.
    Appearently it's got something to do with some martyr or resistance fighter in the photo when Libya were under Italian occupation :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Here's a few pics I took at an open day at my local E.E.L.A.A.T. Base.
    The Tiger choppers are part of a joint Franco-German Force. Not great quality. just taken on my phone.

1st Pic is the Badge.

img0039qlt.jpg

img0002fid.jpg

img0003bnp.jpg

img0004ccc.jpg

img0005sgu.jpg

img0007pzg.jpg

img0008c.jpg

img0009fep.jpg

img0010pjo.jpg

img0011kqe.jpg

img0012qci.jpg

img0013vnc.jpg

img0014pkt.jpg

img0016tkf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Great pics Hagar.

EXCELLENT photos Hagar. Some very impressive hardware there I must say. BTW, that helicopter with Tiger on it, is that a German developed chopper or just an Apache or whatever ?

belfast_tower.jpg

South Armagh dismantlation

• Advertisement

85874104.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1937219EE721E785E4AE3950780F2E9F932E30A760B0D811297

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

McArmalite wrote: »
    EXCELLENT photos Hagar. Some very impressive hardware there I must say. BTW, that helicopter with Tiger on it, is that a German developed chopper or just an Apache or whatever ?

It's a Tiger :D Remeber James, James Bond? In German, but there is a picture of it:

http://www.hubschraubermuseum.de/archiv/hersteller/eurocopter

It's the result of a French/ German collabpration, it is effectively a Euro version of an Apache. You would not believe the amount of equipment in our local base. It is also amazing to see French and Germans working hand in hand as a military unit when 60 years ago they were mortal enemies. Pity I didn't have my proper camera with me. Some of the flying displays were excellent.

Hagar wrote: »
    It's the result of a French/ German collabpration, it is effectively a Euro version of an Apache. You would not believe the amount of equipment in our local base. It is also amazing to see French and Germans working hand in hand as a military unit when 60 years ago they were mortal enemies. Pity I didn't have my proper camera with me. Some of the flying displays were excellent.
    Interesting. Great hardware, doubt with th erecent govt. report of Bord SNIP we'll be having a few of them :(

BTW, what language do they use when the Germans and French do millitary excercises ?

Those are excellent pics Hagar - keep them coming if you have more.

Interesting. Great hardware, doubt with th erecent govt. report of Bord SNIP we'll be having a few of them :(

BTW, what language do they use when the Germans and French do millitary excercises ?
    I don't know for sure but I'd guess English when Airborne. On the ground all the lads were speaking both French and German with equal fluency. Typically ask the question in your own language and get the response in the other. Mind you many French speak to me in English and I speak back to them in French, both of us get the practice in the other's language. Head melting stuff :D.

I know this thread is for general military pics but let everyone be aware that this thread is not here to promote any political agenda of any type. We have a Politics of War sub-forum that MAY be more appropriate. The forum charter applies equally to all its sub-forums. - Hagar

Here are a few pics from Salute 2007 - showing re-enactors & military vehicles, weapons and equipment :

Mil_Show08.jpg

Mil_Show05.jpg

Mil_Show06.jpg

Mil_Show13.jpg

Mil_Show16.jpg

Mil_Show18.jpg

Mil_Show19.jpg

Mil_Show36.jpg

The rest of them are here

http://www.militaria-archive.com/salute/index.html

t72bbelarus01zr1.jpg

Belarussian T72-B

• Advertisement

Excuse me lack of knowledge but what kind of tank is that ?

Mil_Show19.jpg

Advertisement