Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrier Flyover

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nice :)

Wouldn't mind getting a shot in one of those myself ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Thats insane...but so WOW!!!

Do the harriers do shows in Ireland as I know the Red Arrows come here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Wowzers...pretty dam cool. Loved the way the guy holding the camers didn't budge yet his m8 hit the deck lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

That clip is excellent - you really get a better idea of the speed they do when there that close to the ground.

Just thinking - seeing as though theres already a mil photo sticky - maybe a video one would be an idea too ?

There was another posted to AH about a week ago about a canadian reporter going for a spin in a jet where he passed out about 3 times throughout the flight - that one is also worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Haha, that was cool, I was wondering what the hell was gonna happen and then.........whoooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, amazing!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

all of a sudden my 2.1L Fiat Bravo 2001 isnt looking so cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

Ya we had a Harrier here at the Salthill Airshow 2 years ago

Ya we had a Harrier here at the Salthill Airshow 2 years ago

Really?

Had a look at their website recently....the only thing of note were the Red Arrows :( .

Would love to see a Eurofighter display in Ireland.....whether from Italy/UK/Spain or Germany....couldnt care which airforce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

That looks like Iraq/Kuwait territory judging by the gear they are wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There's a similar clip of a spitfire doing that to some TV presenter, the whole crew nearly caks themselves lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

zuma wrote:
    Would love to see a Eurofighter display

I'm gonna see one on Sunday at the Waddington airshow in the UK :p

The year the Salthill airshow had the harrier 3 of them flew into Galway airport. I took a stroll out the prom on the Friday evening to be treated to a display by all 3 aircraft. Only 1 flew the day of the airshow but it was very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

The Harrier is truly a wonderful piece of engineering.

Makes me wonder that no-one else really took the principles of the design and went further with it (if it could be that is)!!

The Harrier is truly a wonderful piece of engineering.

Makes me wonder that no-one else really took the principles of the design and went further with it (if it could be that is)!!

Do a goodle search for "vtol"....many countries tried it out but most were too heavy or too difficult to fly/land.

The Soviets has some very interesting designs and the built 70 or so for their Kiev carriers....that required computers to land as they were judged too difficult for humans to do so!

The F-35 RN/USMC variant is the Harriers replacement as the UK/French joint carrier program will have 2 x 50,000Tonne VTOL RN carriers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This was on Sky news the other night,these lads were identified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

There were Harriers at the Air Corp's 75th anniversary family day in Baldonnel back in 1997. I was part of an FCÁ platoon that did guard duty that night. The next day we were gathered at the tower to watch all the aircraft leave. When it was the turn of the Harriers they made a low pass over the field, breaking either side of the tower to the cheers of those gathered.

Advertisement