Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum machine download?

Options
  • 14-06-2006 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

any body have any reccomendations.Looking to add to cubase projects.
    i know this has been posted before but any other reccomendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Do a search for hammerhead rhythm station

It's pretty basic but sounds decent enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Do a search for hammerhead rhythm station

Great memories of that app Dr. J. I remember playing with it in 1998! I still have some old cakewalk projects I did using loops rendered with that. The problem with it is it's standalone, and it's before the days of rewire so you can't sync it with your project.

For vsti drums, dr fusion by odo is a great freebie - dr fusion 2 is better but it's a resource hog and crashes a bit. What kind of music are you doing? Simulating real drums or programming electronica?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pcorry

cheers for the replies.
    I actually have "Hammerhead" and didnt really think it was what i was looking for (saying that i didnt give it too much time, i ll go back to it play around a bit more).

TBH Im not looking to immitate live drum sounds, but at the same time not an dance/electronic beat box (which is what i seem to be getting from hammerhead, all jungle and hardcore beats)

somewhere in between for guitar based songs (e.g Postal service, Fog,etc) is he aim.
    Any help appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I'd suggest rayzoon jamstix using dr fusion as sound module. Jamstix has a demo and dr fusion is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

pcorry wrote:
    cheers for the replies.
    I actually have "Hammerhead" and didnt really think it was what i was looking for (saying that i didnt give it too much time, i ll go back to it play around a bit more).

TBH Im not looking to immitate live drum sounds, but at the same time not an dance/electronic beat box (which is what i seem to be getting from hammerhead, all jungle and hardcore beats)

somewhere in between for guitar based songs (e.g Postal service, Fog,etc) is he aim.
    Any help appreciated

You can download patches for hammerhead, there are a couple of more authentic sounding kits called "acoustic" something or other. Load them in and create your own patterns, forget about the hiphop and jungle beats. What I did was bounce them to wav file and copy and paste in an audio editor. You can get a pretty decent result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 pcorry

Doctor J wrote:
    You can download patches for hammerhead, there are a couple of more authentic sounding kits called "acoustic" something or other. Load them in and create your own patterns, forget about the hiphop and jungle beats. What I did was bounce them to wav file and copy and paste in an audio editor. You can get a pretty decent result.
    tried bouncing the file there.whats the best way to do this and then import it to cubase?

Advertisement