Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Question.

Options
  • 14-06-2006 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if opel use vw engines? A friend said this to me but I don't know if its true:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

No they dont am very sure of that.

The new engine are developed by themselves, twinport technology, and the CDTI are developed in conjuction with Fiat and Alfa Romero.

JDT or CDTI are very reliable so they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Plug wrote:
    Does anyone know if opel use vw engines? A friend said this to me but I don't know if its true:confused:

Not true afaik.

VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat all share the same engines as they are all owned by the VAG group. VW sell the 2.0 TDi engine to Mitsubishi alright.

Opel are owned by General Motors which has a partnership with Fiat to supply certain engines namely the already mentioned 1.9 diesel. This partnership is expanding with GM and Fiat sharing platforms. The new Opel Corsa shares most of its parts with the Fiat Grand Punto.

No connection between VW and GM.

Advertisement