Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flatulence (wind) around that time of the month

• 14-06-2006 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Has anyone else got this problem. Why do you have more wind around that time of the mth for a girl? Answers on a postcard please( or on this thread) haha.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Yep, it happens to a lot of girls I know too. Don't think there is anything much you can do about it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

hang on... girls dont fart do they? :rolleyes:

Just do the aul pressure on one side of yer ass and separate the cheeks... achieves a "pfffffffffff" effect instead of "FARRRRRRRRRRRRRT"

And yes i have found my ex to be quite active during that time, but im active ALL the time... so no complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have the same problem but its all the time , i mentioned it to the doctor at my last visit and he said it could be a side effect to the particular pill I am taking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Pinkgrl

But I wonder why is actually happens around that particular time of the mth, anyone know the medical reason for it? And Magic Pips we don't normally fart it's only for the time of the mth...haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

PMT can often cause bloating, due to water retention and other factors. Maybe exercise will help relieve it, as bizarrely does drinking water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Swallowing air when you eat too fast or talk too much is the biggest cause of farting before all the food that makes you fart. Around that time of the month you are more likely to consume high fat foods and carbs which cause flatulence. It's not just onions and cabbage!. Eat more bananas, swallow less air :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Have a friend who has this problem, and she claims that since she started drinking chocolate soy milk around that time, that the problem has been mitigated to a large degree. In other words, maybe there's a dietary solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Pinkgrl

dudara wrote:
    PMT can often cause bloating, due to water retention and other factors. Maybe exercise will help relieve it, as bizarrely does drinking water.

Yeah the bloating prob makes sense, more bloating more air!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Why not embrace your flatulence and enjoy it like us guys do!

for example, next time you fart, try to ensure that your facial expression is an inane grin, then follow it up with a suitable comment like "sew a button on THAT!"

...hey it works for me :D

Seriously though, it's all dietary - avoid too much strong dairy produce like stinky cheeses, and fatty/carb combination foods like crisps etc. Also, very green vegetables like Broccoli or strong tasting veg like onions/garlic can set it off. Finally, you should also try one of those bio-active yogurty type drinks like Actimel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

Yup me too not just normal farts , windy ones with a mind of their own lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

IMHO..........why fart and waste it when you can belch and taste it..........:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Arsey Farsey had a party,

all his friends were there,

Ousey Goosey let a juisy,

and they all went out for air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Nightshiftguy

My wife certainly suffers from it.. seems to be pretty normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Farting is a perfectly normal function and it is only "manners" that inhibit us from ..erm letting rip.I am told you can do some damage by trying to prevent the occurrence and trying not to.

My philosophy is when I feel the need and the company is right.... let her go and make some jocular remark like " Jaaaysus... a bit more choke and I'd have got her started"

Takes the heat out of things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

If my girlfriend ever farts in front of me, it'll be a one way trip back to single city for her.

A furious fart while flushing the toilet to mask the noise, is acceptable however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

daRobot wrote:
    If my girlfriend ever farts in front of me, it'll be a one way trip back to single city for her.

A furious fart while flushing the toilet to mask the noise, is acceptable however.
    Do you fart in front of her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about. I get that too. I heard drinking water helps. I get bloated as well. And very very moody. My mood goes up and down like a yo-yo! I also seem to get a little, erm, 'hot' if you get my drift..! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

" Jaaaysus... a bit more choke and I'd have got her started"

"Go Ahead Caller, you're through"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Scorch burns on the kex???? is that it?

Hoooly cow!!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement