Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which broadband provider ?

• 14-06-2006 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Which is the better of the two below ?

Digiweb Metro 3MB or Esat BT 3MB.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Define "Better", it's apples and oranges at the end of the day. There are positive and negative aspects to both.

I believe that fixed-line broadband options are more reliable and stable than wireless. Look at all the threads here complaining about wireless products being over-subscribed, patchy coverage, a tree sprouting up in the way, etc. Fixed lines do not suffer the same problems. Even Metro has it's fair share of unhappy users who's broadband becomes slow and pings get longer from time to time. Haven't seen many threads complaining about the same thing from Eircom/BT/Smart and so on.

The cap is another issue. BT so far do not strictly enforce the cap, whereas I believe Digiweb do (or am I wrong?).

People's opinion of Customer service from Digiweb seems to be quite positive whereas BT's customer service is non-existant. It'll probably be a much simpler process to get Metro than BT broadband as they don't seem to be in the business of screwing over their customers.

I currently have BT 3Mb broadband and am happy enough with it. I could switch to Metro but there's no need and I wouldn't be too happy with the hit and miss nature of wireless products. I'm not sure if I would recommend BT though as there's a good chance you'll have the same problems that many others have had when trying to place an order, and then trying to pay for it.

But to answer your question anyway, probably Metro is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

BT has been solid for me over the last 3 years anyway for broadband, and for the most part their customer service is excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

thanks guys, guess i'll stay with Esat for now, just i've been hearing people in my area going on about Metro and how brilliant it is. i can't see it being more stable than fixed-line broadband either, i know BT BB has been on and off a few times over the past few months but i'd imagine that would be more of an issue for Metro users, maybe i'm wrong :confused:

Advertisement