Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Puncture repair

Options
  • 14-06-2006 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can buy them puncture repair kits (for cars) The ones where you plug the hole.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Plugging tubeless tyres is not best practice tbh. It sould be repaired from the inside.

Anyway, more info here > http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=368591

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

wbailey wrote:
    Does anyone know where i can buy them puncture repair kits (for cars) The ones where you plug the hole.

Thanks
    Have you tried a motor factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Gurgle wrote: »
    Have you tried a motor factor?

I tried a couple of motor factor places around Dublin today, including Halfords, which is huge. None of them stocked them. It's like a conspiracy. Repair kits for bikes all over the place but none for cars.

It costs E10 for a repair that takes a couple of minutes, the wheel doesn't even have to come off the car.

Complete rip-off. I'm going to order one online from the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

wb wrote: »

Thanks
    I asked my local mechanic and he said they were only sold to trade due to safety concerns.

Advertisement