Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seals in the corrib

Options
  • 14-06-2006 11:02am

Did anyone else see the seals in the corrib last night?

Myself and a friend were sitting on the edge of the spannish arch last night when about 5 seals (1 baby one) swam by us. It's very strange to see even one , but we watched in awe as another 4 followed suite. They were so incredible to watch as they came within a foot of everybody at one point.

It was so cute, a baby one made its way down and another older one stopped, turned around, and swam up towards it. Yay!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

i used to see them out in salthill.

MrJones wrote:
    i used to see them out in salthill.

And Lough atalia too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

They eat the sh1t in the Claddagh....

Cute eh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Ive caught the odd glimpse of a seal and dolpin in the bay but never so close into the city as spanish arch.Sounds pretty cool though,maybe they fancied some Clubbing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Now where did I put that old club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I live just by bridge street and see the seals in the river all the time, you can see them chase the fish going up the river.

Advertisement