Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Like your opinion...

Options
  • 14-06-2006 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Ok here goes: Tuesday night is Domino’s Night in my house. Myself and my daughter nearly always get a medium extra thin crust pizza with no sauce and cheese and pepperoni on one half (only way my daughter will eat it – hates the sauce) and on my half I usually get texas barbeque or whatever. Few times they fcuked up and put sauce on and we didn’t return – my daughter had to scrape the sauce off and put back on the cheese and pepperoni! A few weeks ago they gave us the regular crust instead of the thin crust. Again we ate it even though its just not even a 10th as delicious as the thin crust which in myself and my daughter’s opinion is just sooo much tastier and lighter. Also like a lot of women I try to watch the calorie intake and the thin crust I guess would be a lot lower in calories. Now that all sounds like I’m crazy but at the end of the day its €17 for that pizza – well I think its €15 something or other but I usually just give €17. So last night we ordered our usual and I repeated the pizza we wanted around 4 times to the guy on the phone but they deliver our pizza and its regular crust. I’m ashamed to say I refused to take it. Now I feel guilty BUT my Mam said not to as I’m paying good money and am entitled to what I want and to be honest we would’ve only picked at it whereas we devour the thin crust one. So am I a fussy biatch or what? So if you ordered a curry chip and just got chips would you accept it!!?? Also any other similar stuff happen to others here. This reminds me of people not waiting for their small change (I don't most of the time) but my Grandad used to say that if you were 5 or 10cent short they'd wait for you...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Nope, Id say you are right, you ordered something, didnt get it so you shouldnt take it, if you were to re-phrase your grandads phrase, if you made a mistake you would still have to pay for it (I hope that makes sense!)
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

no you are completely right. If you ordered a dress on the internet and a pair of trousers were delivered to you, you wouldn't accept it. Same thing applies. Also, I hate tipping. I know that most waitress' depend on tips but I pay for my food, it is up to the employers to pay their waitress. Same goes for taxi's and delivery. It may sound harsh but I am hardly well off myself. I work in finance and I don't get a tip for every report or bank transaction I make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Ok here goes: Tuesday night is Domino’s Night in my house. Myself and my daughter nearly always get a medium extra thin crust pizza with no sauce and cheese and pepperoni on one half (only way my daughter will eat it – hates the sauce) and on my half I usually get texas barbeque or whatever. Few times they fcuked up and put sauce on and we didn’t return – my daughter had to scrape the sauce off and put back on the cheese and pepperoni! A few weeks ago they gave us the regular crust instead of the thin crust. Again we ate it even though its just not even a 10th as delicious as the thin crust which in myself and my daughter’s opinion is just sooo much tastier and lighter. Also like a lot of women I try to watch the calorie intake and the thin crust I guess would be a lot lower in calories. Now that all sounds like I’m crazy but at the end of the day its €17 for that pizza – well I think its €15 something or other but I usually just give €17. So last night we ordered our usual and I repeated the pizza we wanted around 4 times to the guy on the phone but they deliver our pizza and its regular crust. I’m ashamed to say I refused to take it. Now I feel guilty BUT my Mam said not to as I’m paying good money and am entitled to what I want and to be honest we would’ve only picked at it whereas we devour the thin crust one. So am I a fussy biatch or what? So if you ordered a curry chip and just got chips would you accept it!!?? Also any other similar stuff happen to others here. This reminds me of people not waiting for their small change (I don't most of the time) but my Grandad used to say that if you were 5 or 10cent short they'd wait for you...

First of all....use paragraphs girl! very hard to read that.

Secondly, no need to be "ashamed". You got something you didnt order! no need to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Dominos are a joke, the one in Waterford is at least. always get the order wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

you have it tough alright :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭Archeron

You're not a fussy biatch at all. The reason companies still keep providing crappy service like this is because so many people just shrug their shoulders and say nothing. Vote with your wallet (or purse) and they'll soon get the point when enough people do likewise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Nah, your spot on. You ordered something, they got it wrong.

Next time your order it and they get it right just say "i want my last order" from then on.

I'm pretty sure that Domino's store order history, i may be wrong....maybe someone who worked there can confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

okay - sending it back is fair enough. Similar situation - my bro hates cheese. Always orders quarter pounders, specifying NO CHEESE (about 10 times). Alot of the time he gets cheese, but by the time he has the burger out of the bag, they're gone. He has refused to pay for the burger and just sent it back a couple of times.

On another note. Its a small bit of effort (probably not as much as you're dealing with now), but why not make your own pizza? Its very very easy and a thousand times nicer than anything you'll buy. I've started doing it recently coz I'm saving up to go travellin and cant afford takeouts. I'd never go back. My girlfriend has actually become addicted to these homemade pizzas and is constantly at me to make them! I could post the recipe, but dont want to sound pretentious - if you want it, PM me.

The best thing about it is you can have it exactly the way YOU want it. No fcuk ups guarenteed - and it'll cost you about a fifth of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Dominos are a joke, the one in Waterford is at least. always get the order wrong

That's where I am - in Waterford. Glad its not only me. Not going to order from there any more.

Scargill - well €17 is €17 and I'm a hard working single mother with two kids and a mortgage so when we do have our weekly food delivery treat it would be nice to have what we want. And I posted this is AH as its not a massive big deal but would just like some opinions.

I know we do shrug out shoulders at crap service everyday and sometimes it bothers you and sometimes it don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It's all about service!

If you order a computer from Dell you can pretty much decide what you want in it, bit like an expensive, inedible pizza then. Well, you get the idea!

So if you ask for a computer with a network port to connect to broadband internet and they provide you with one that only has a modem, you can still connect to the internet but won't get the same experience.

Would you be ashamed to refuse to take the computer? I don't think so.

Just because a pizza is "cheap" doesn't mean you should accept something inferior to what you ordered.

I have often refused orders from takeaways and given them another chance. If they fail again, then they are off th list, I usually then speak to the manager and explain in reasoned terms why they are off the list. Sometimes (not often) this has resulted in my getting a free order :D

The more you accept sloppy service, the sloppier it gets.

• Advertisement

Evil bilbo we often make homemade ones ourselves - often make homemade taco chips too but we just love the whole treat of getting it delivered. Guess its a novelty for us and bit of a tradition we have going for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Yeah scargill...ya unsympathetic mope! ;)

Well done to ya girl, I would have refused them every time they messed it up. You were patient for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

scargill wrote:
    you have it tough alright :confused:

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I used to be like yourself, just take any aul crap that was handed to me and say nothing... BUT NO MORE! I'm polite about it but I bloody well get what I ordered :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

fade2black wrote:
    Well done to ya girl, I would have refused them every time they messed it up. You were patient for too long.

More people should be like you ... I think people are afraid of becoming one of those nuisance customers who complain about any small thing, that when their order gets totally fukked up they just grin and bear it.

Fair play for having the balls to eventually put your foot down.

On a different note regarding Dominos I must say they've always been pretty good about remember stuff and delivering quick around me. I personally don't like peperoni and always get the full house without peporoni and they haven't messed up once - which is sumthing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

You're dead right OP!
    You were specific about what you wanted & they couldn't be bothered listening. Screw em!
    Order from somewhere else in future!

Well I'm glad most people here think I was right. Still feel guilty though. I'm a big softie at the best of times. So is Four Star any better :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

My mum works as a chef in a pizza place, and if she messes up the pizza they get a pizza for free. She thinks there is no reason to screw up an order but neglegence on their behalf and not listening to the cust by not taking teh correct order.

You did the right thing 100% says they never mess your order up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

fade2black wrote:

I'd agree with this. If you don't get what you payed for, then there's very little point in accepting it.

Incidentally, does anyone find it insulting when you've sent back a burger for having cheese or mayonaise on it, when you specifically asked for it plain, and they send it back to you, with a bit of the stuff scraped off? I'd generally walk out at that point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dump Dominos and find an alternative. There's a non-chain little mom-and-pop pizza place I frequent every couple of weeks and always order the same thing. Now, when they see me coming, they already know what I want and always fill out the order slip correctly. And because I am repeat business, they really take care of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

Ur totally right!. I ordered a curry one night with the sauce on the side , when it arrived the was no sauce. I refused the delivery, balled the guy in the chinese out of it. He had the cheek to tell me I had to pay double delivery because of the 2 runs!
    He was quickly put in his place and i got the whole thing for free!:)
    I work in the hotel industry and believe me people get something for nothing every time they complain. So anyone out there who is not happy with a service open ur mouth and say so! The customer is ALWAYS right;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Dominos in general are a bunch of twits. I worked for the one in Dundrum for 2 years and in the one in Rathmines for 3 months when the Dundrum store burnt down cause they left the ovens on all night! (cause they're twats)

They have absolutely no interest in their customers and rarely have any interest in complaints.

For example - A customer ordered a pizza with jalepenos but he asked that only 4 or 5 be put on it, just for a bit of flavour. That's a valid request and not that hard to do but of course the customers pizza arrived back at the shop 20 mins later as there was about 20 jalepenos on it. I think that's fair enough - so off I go to find out who made the pizza and wasn't it my manager. I told him that the pizza needed to be made again as the cust wasn't happy and do you know what he did????? He made it again, put 4 jalepenos on it and then proceede to pour all the jalepeno juice all over the pizza - just to piss the customer off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just plain muppetry and this guy is in his 40's and had been managing the shop for like 5 years! I dont know how some people get jobs at all!!!

Another thing, Dominos have this 777 deal at the moment -three 7" pizzas for 21 euro or summit with 5 toppings each. Anyway, I love mushrooms so I asked for mine with mushrooms x5! But as I was told they only do toppings in single or double portions???? So i asked for two double portions of mushrooms - so he says ok. Paid for pizzas and as I walked out I thought Id check them just incase and I find that on my mushroom x4 pizza I have 12 pieces of mushroom (and Im not kidding - i counted) I went back and said that Id got the wrong pizza and was told that Id have to wait for 20 mins for a new one - no apology or nothin.

Dominos make me angry and a bit sad :( I feel better now though in the knowledge that Im not the only one!

- Oh and when I worked there they didn't keep order history but that was 8 years ago so it might have changed but I seriously doubt it!!! -

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

right on dudes!

I dont mean to sound racist or anything but alot these takeaway places have non-nationals (or whatever the PC term is these days) on the other end of the phone (not just foreign cuisine). They have been the butt of jokes for years, but some of them really cant even string a sentence together.

I've totally no problem with this as long as the person can speak or more importantly understand what you are telling them. "no sauce on half the pizza" is probably pretty unusual, but should still be easy to understand especially if you order it every week. But no, they still manage to make a balls of it again and again. Its all down to commication really. You've probably got a chinese dude taking the order, barely understanding it, and trying to communicate what he wants to a polish guy in the kitchen who probably has no english either.

That said - the exact same thing often happens when there's irish guys doing the exact same thing due to a complete lack of communication/interest in the job / what the customer wants.

2 things to do if it continues, either spead to a manager and ball someone out of it, or change places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dreamer 7 wrote:
    Ur totally right!. I ordered a curry one night with the sauce on the side , when it arrived the was no sauce. I refused the delivery, balled the guy in the chinese out of it. He had the cheek to tell me I had to pay double delivery because of the 2 runs!
    He was quickly put in his place and i got the whole thing for free!:)
    I work in the hotel industry and believe me people get something for nothing every time they complain. So anyone out there who is not happy with a service open ur mouth and say so! The customer is ALWAYS right;)

I don't agree with getting something for free. That kind of thing would just encourage a type of prude who'd complain at the first chance they get in order to get something for nothing.

That wouldn't be good, because then you'd probably get a lot of very annoyed workers who'd act out in spite, so while said prude might get more than he's expecting, innocent people who've gotten their orders messed up will end up on the recieving end of spiteful actions, and end up with a burger bun that some cook wiped his ass with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the enter key is your friend.

introduce them to your other friends, the sentence and the paragraph...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    "no sauce on half the pizza" is probably pretty unusual

You'd think so but there are loads of people who dont get the sauce and many a request would come in for no CHEESE!!!! I mean - What's a pizza without cheese?????? But as far as I am concerned - If they dont want cheese they dont get cheese. Its as simple as that.

Ive started using 4star in churchtown and they're brilliant (not as nice as dominos though WHEN they get it right). Once i ordered (green) peppers but got pepperoni instead, a relatively easy mistake to make and probably my fault but within 20 mins there was a fresh pizza at my door at no extra charge, complementary bottle of fizzy stuff and we could keep the old one AND they speak english!!! Because of the nice service the driver got a tip - If your nice and I get good service Ill tip and I think thats fair enough.

Now I want pizza :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Dreamer 7 wrote:
    The customer is ALWAYS right;)

That's complete shite, actually... the customer is mostly wrong. A good company, however, will feel the need to pacify the complaining customer with some sort of appeasement just to shut them up. You can well afford the odd freebie to calm down the odd complaining w*nker. "The customer is always right" is what companys let customers think... but in truth, it couldn't be further from reality.

In the OP's case, however, she didn't get what she ordered so was perfectly right not to accept it. This, however, is the exception rather than the rule, thankfully.

And yes, now I want pizza too! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If they keep getting it wrong, speak to the manager - there is no use to loose customers just because the staff can't be arsed to get it right.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

My local chinese has no problems amending oders . The most amended one is their sweet-n-sour chicken which most people order as chicken balls and curry (tasty). I am partial to their roast duck but always get mushrooms instead of sprouts. Signs on they are a thriving place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

are you the daughter or the mother? i'm confused:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement