Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Like your opinion...

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Picture this:

Woman has child, child is daughter, daughter has child also a daughter. So child can have a Mammy and also be a Mammy.

Grandmother (usually called My Mam or My Nan) - Mother - Child.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

We used to use Domino's in Waterford but since Godfather's opened in Ardkeen we use that all the time. We've never had a problem with Godfathers and it's the childrens favourite. It's better value as well

A lot of fast food places have foreign nationals working there and I've always found them to be polite but I think the outlets should put those with better english taking the orders especially over the phone. It cant be easy on the workers either if there's a communication difficulty

All this talk of pizza is giving me a longing for some

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

parsi wrote:
    Picture this:

Woman has child, child is daughter, daughter has child also a daughter. So child can have a Mammy and also be a Mammy.

yes, i am aware of the existence of grandmothers believe it or not. at one time i had two of them. however, the way she was speaking about "mam", it seems like she was involved in the situation or at least in the house at the time and its rare to have the grandmother living in the house. also, "mam" is more of a child's way of addressing a parent. adults tend to use the word mother or something similar.

it seems to me that she is the child but she is speaking as if she is the mother to make her case stronger. i may be mistaken

yes, i am aware of the existence of grandmothers believe it or not. at one time i had two of them. however, the way she was speaking about "mam", it seems like she was involved in the situation or at least in the house at the time and its rare to have the grandmother living in the house. also, "mam" is more of a child's way of addressing a parent. adults tend to use the word mother or something similar.

it seems to me that she is the child but she is speaking as if she is the mother to make her case stronger. i may be mistaken

Down here in Cork boy plenty of adults refer to their mother as "me mam". I figure she told the story to her mam (who of course is the little girls nan) who told her to stand up for herself etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Have stopped ordering from Domino's due to the amount of times they got the order wrong.

And they kept getting the order wrong despite it being in the order history and the manager apologising and giving me credit against future pizza's on many an occasion.

In my case it would have been about 25 euro each week spent on pizza and I just got fed up of it arriving week in, week out missing part of the order or the order being wrong so have just given up on them now, its not worth the bother even if they do give you money off!

So now we order from a local Italian takeaway who are great, so far have never gotten the order wrong, always deliver really quickly and food is always lovely - if they can do it no probs dont see why its such a problem for Domino's to get it right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

parsi wrote:
    Picture this:

Spot on. I apologise though as my original thread could do with being layed out better :o It was me and my daughter who ordered the pizza and I spoke to my Mam/Mother the next day.

I still call my Mother Mam. Quite common where I'm from. I use both terms.

Deisemum Godfathers has been recommended by my cousin so might try them next time.

Everyone else thanks very much for the feedback really appreciate it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

the enter key is your friend.

introduce them to your other friends, the sentence and the paragraph...

And the capital letter. (sorry, couldn't resist)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

fade2black wrote:
    And the capital letter. (sorry, couldn't resist)

And the full stop after the closing bracket. You could possibly move the one prior to the opening bracket so that it is not an improper sentence.

And the full stop after the closing bracket. You could possibly move the one prior to the opening bracket so that it is not an improper sentence.

You could also add that one shouldn't start a sentence with "and".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This issue seems to be over.

Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement