Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

golf question?

Options
  • 14-06-2006 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi guys,

quick question for ye.
    Recently bought a 00 1.4 comfortline golf.
    there is a small void on the passenger side of the front console/dash. Its about 3" by 1" and looks like there should be a reflector there or something. Possibly its for a handsfree kit.

Anyone know what should be there??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

Sounds like the foot air vent, the plastic probably got a kick and broke, my brothers golf is missing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

its a bit near to the back of the car to be a vent i think.
    its on the passenger side of the console, nearly in line with the gearstick. kinda though it was about the right location for a handsfree connection??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Ill have a look at mine at lunch and see whats there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The_Magoo wrote:
    Sounds like the foot air vent, the plastic probably got a kick and broke, my brothers golf is missing the same.
    Most likely, imo. The vent is quite rearward and almost in line withe the gear stick and just above wher the plastic meets the carpet. You can buy the vent in a main dealer - it just snaps in and should be kinda cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Sounds like the hook thats there for tying down shopping bags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Sounds like the hook thats there for tying down shopping bags.
    Just back from lunch - had a good gawk at that piece on my golf - It does look like its for shopping bags as there's no vent attached to it. Just a plastic insert with 2 bars for tying stuff to methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

thanks lads, it's nothing major so, tying down the shopping bags would'nt be a priority!!

Advertisement