Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Connection Problem

• 14-06-2006 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

We recently moved from Eircom to Gaelic Telecom (the mistress did it, if I had my way I would've hung up on them). Anyway, now I cannot connect to the the internet light on my Linksys router is red instead of green. I went to the default gateway and the settings are entered as per the dsl settings on the eircom site. I figured that this might be the problem so I tried the GT site for their dsl settings but I couldn't find any and I couldn't even e-mail them with the e-mail address they supplied. :mad:

Has anyone any ideas on how to get my broadband connected again?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

As far as I know, they resell the imagine DSL service, so have a look at imagine.ie and try those settings

Hope that works

XDA

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What equipment are you using? Is it a router and a modem or a combined unit?

Have your new isp given you a new password etc and if so have you entered that in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Hi, I went to Imagine's site like XDA said and talked to an Online Support person and she give me my new username and password that I never got in the first place. Anyhow, the problem is solved now. Thanks

Advertisement