Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leitrim/Roscommon area

Options
  • 14-06-2006 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hello,

We are relocating from Dublin to either Leitrim or Roscommon. I know certain areas of both have broadband, but I am just wondering if anyone knows alternative options, i.e. Satellite BB and who is the best provider out there.

I need BB for work, so it's one of the major considerations for us before settling down in an aread.

Thanks

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Depends where in Roscommon/Leitrim. Digiweb cover some of leitrim & roscommon using wireless. Other parts should be ok for dsl. Really depends on your location. If your outside the main towns then you might have problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dizzy

Hi, thanks. Yes we are not far from the Carrick-on-Shannon exchange, but nothing is guaranteed with Eircom, so we were thinking of alternatives such as the Digiweb sattelite, but I am just wondering if there are other alternatives to the DSL etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Digiweb have wireless broadband in carrick-on-shannon so you wouldnt need a phone line. If you can see the ESB mast beside the train station in carrick there is a good chance you can get it. Check out there website for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Roscommon2

Hello I am thinking of moving to carrick on shannon. I need good reliable fast broadband for work. Can anybody recommend a service provider? As I will be renting, is a phone line necessary for broadband

Advertisement