Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dit Exam Question

Options
  • 14-06-2006 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi Quick Question.... my first exams in DIT so just wondering

I got the following
    Subject 1 Exam 37
    Subject 1 Project 71
    Subject 1 47
    Subject 2 Exam 64
    Subject 2 Project 87
    Subject 2 71

I assume this means i passed .... am i right...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

passed by compensation i would imagine. it should say it with your results if yo passed or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

as long as your pass mark is 40 then yes you have passed....why have you been told other wise? or have you been told that you must pass exam AND project to pass your course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭jamescrombie

i would assume i passed by the average which is 37 & 81 = 47, 81 not being worth as much as its continous assesment .... i just was listening when they mentioned anything, ie- u must pass Project and Exam

oh, i read it wrong. did they tell you how much each was worth, ie, subject 1 cont assessment was worth 40% of the year, and the exam was worth 60% etc.

LOTP wrote:
    oh, i read it wrong. did they tell you how much each was worth, ie, subject 1 cont assessment was worth 40% of the year, and the exam was worth 60% etc.

cheers dude.... Cont Assesment wass worth 30% exam 70%

• Advertisement

yeah passed. congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Its likely you passed but it depends on your program. Some programs require that you pass all sections so check with the exams office to be sure.

i am nearly positive our lecture was on about cont ass being very important as they can almost pass u before the exam... so i would assume that means u dont have to pass all sections... i am gonna have to go in just to check the old name or number is up on the wall.... i am 95% sure i passed so GET IN THERE...

this isnt ucd, you dont have to pass everything. you just have to get 40% for the year, any way you can manage it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

LOTP wrote:
    this isnt ucd, you dont have to pass everything. you just have to get 40% for the year, any way you can manage it.

That is VERY inaccurate. Each Faculty / School / Course has different rules. You have more than likely passed but to be sure I would check with the Exams Office for your particular college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah, I'd double check... a friend of mine went into the exam with only needing about 5% in the exam to pass the course... he passed the course no problem, but didn't pass the exam, so he has to go and resit it. Ouch.

Advertisement