Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaining

Options
  • 14-06-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

I stayed at the Raddisson with my man for Valentines day but wasnt fully happy with the service.
    I wrote to the GM to complain and had no reply after two weeks. This was p*ssing me off because I have dealt with compliants in my previous job and always contacted the person asap.
    A letter arrives from him that basically says ...sorry and that was it!
    I decided to ignore the letter and wrote to their head office....three days later I recieve a voucher for a two night saty with champayne Result:D
    It pays to complain! Has anyone else got a good freebie after complaining??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No, can't say that I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

1) Complained to my ISP about 7 days loss of service. Got 4 months free. :D
    2) Complained about a Cadbury's bar I bought. Got a "selection box" back. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I remember when I was a kid an my Mam bought me a Diary Milk and it had gone all milky. You know when the milk and the cocoa separate?

Anyway, as I was like, 5 or something, I sent a letter to Cadbury with the bar in it, asking what was wrong with it.

Then sent me back a letter explaining what had happened and a hamper filled with chocolate etc which I thought was pretty decent of them!

Not really a complaint but just thought I would throw it out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Maybe I'm lucky, but I rarely have anything to complain about. Hell, I think the only mess-up with a pizza I've had was when I had one recently, and they forgot to put the mushrooms on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Just free take-aways, and a refund on delivery charges and the price of some chicken from Tesco when they delivered chicken that was past the use by date. Nothing amazing!

Edit: I did get free broadband, cable and phone from NTL for two months when I had no broadband for a week :) That was cool, forgot about that :)

My gf hates when I complain but I do think it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭Archeron

I sent an email complaint to the manager of the pub Barcode in Clontarf a few years ago because of the way the bouncers were treating people on the way in. Admittedly, I lied and said my g/f had gotten a taxi from Dundrum, and we were going to become members etc and that the bouncers treatment was completely unreasonable. He replied wihtin a day, told me to come down to the pub with my mates, ask for him by name and we'd get a load of free drinks each! Result. He even went so far as to thank me for highlighting the issue!!

I never did go back, I just wanted to get the complaint off my chest.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

From talking to friends the bouncers are still the same in Barcode,but at least you got some free drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have made complaints about gadgets etc that has broken but as long as I got a new one I'm happy. Not looking to get extra compensation.

OP, could you elaborate on "not fully happy with the service"? I stay at Radisson usually on business and have alway got excellent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

Ah I have a story that beats all of you with your free chocolate and whatnot...
    A few years back myself and my mum flew British Airways to Boston and basically everything that could go wrong did. Our flight was delayed form dublin to London, missed the connection and had to go on standby, my mum this obese lady next to her hanging over my mums seat for six hours, they lost our bags, never contacted us about them arriving in Boston, we had to keep ringing them, they delivered the wrong bags to us three days later, then refused to give us any money in compensation for having no stuff. then on the flight back in the seat next to me the little tv was broken so the cabin crew just said to the middle aged "ah lean over that 17 year old there and share hers"

whew....so needless to say we complained and got two free transatlantic flights plus everything paid for that we had bought the three days we had no bags. Since we were on a shopping trip it totalled about $1000 dollars!!! :D

Advertisement