Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT broadband users

• 14-06-2006 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have placed an order with BT for broadband+line rental. Im transfering from eircom but did not have broadband with them.
    I was told bt a BT CSR that they are waiting for eircom to enable broadband on the line and once this is done I can start using the service.

I checked dsl modem yesterday evening and I'm getting a DSL connection with the error that username/password authentication is failing. Does this mean that eircom have finished things at their end??

If so is it just a case of ringing BT for the login details....

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

if the DSL light on your modem is flickering it means its trying to connect to the DSL line but your authentification is failing. Ring BT for your login details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You should have given them a username and password when you signed up. Even if everything is set up and enabled, BT may not have activated your account yet so the username and password wouldn't be accepted. Just give them a call and see what's up. Of course you may be on the phone for hours waiting for a response from them.

Advertisement