Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Drawing Pencils

Options
  • 14-06-2006 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

What shade of pencils ye using. I was just goin to use a 2H for all of it, and not lean hard on it for Construction lines. Its the shade i've always used.

Also. I normally use tracing paper for the loci question. Will this be supplied or should I bring my own????

As for the paper itself Im expecting some extremely tricky parts. Results in Tech D have bee getting much better the last few years and so far in the leaving cert, none of the papers have bee predictable. I wouldnt be surprised to see tricky solids in contact and loci question?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I use a 7H fpr construction lines and a mechanical pencil for heavy ones. I'd say the mechanical has HB lead in it, not sure though.

I dunno if they'd supply it, and I know you defintely won't be allowed to bring it in with you. You may have to make do with out, or with a sheet of graph paper or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I use just a H pencil for everything but I think the led in my compass is HB

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I have a 2H for drawing and a H in my compass. Same ones I've had since first year, kind of weird that they haven't been worn down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I have a 2H for drawing and a H in my compass. Same ones I've had since first year, kind of weird that they haven't been worn down.
    Yes very weird indeed I have gone thro too many pencils/compasses/set squares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I had to buy set squares today. never needed them before because i alwasys used the ones in the school. then i did evening study so i used the schools ones too. At least if i get my course i'll probably need the again in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Shark-69

2H and 4H for me......Paper 1 is def gonna hav a few surprises....I think the interpenetration is predictably ok...shouldn't get much harder than last years...however a conical shaped object might scare a few students if it comes up [they're relatively easy anyway]......Q1's on paper 1 are ok[dont like the part c's though]......solids in contact might prove to be difficult this year....was too easy last year........The loci q might be a more challenging 1 this year......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Yep I'm ****ting myself because I'm expecting a very trick solids in contact and Loci. Theres gonna be surprises definately. Look at last years chief examiners report. Woludnt be surprised if there was a bit of controversy like the maths after tomorrows paper.

Advertisement