Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah for fecks sake BT

Options
  • 14-06-2006 12:46pm

Yeah I know they have the billing system of outer mongolia and I've been reading about it here and elsewhere many times.

They missed 6 direct debits from me.My bank has no record of the DD ever being set up or any contact from them.
    2 weeks ago they send me a letter threatening legal action...

I ring up and pay in full together with giving them a lecture on what the hell are they at...

They take the laser transaction in full.2weeks later the payment has gone missing Despite it having been taken from my current account.

To add salt into the wound,I discover they have in the meantime barred all calls from my phone :rolleyes:

All of this is as a result of what they have been doing and not my fault.

Any ideas ? They told me on the phone that they were moving the "debt" over to a collection agency and I said hey,what the fcuk
    (1) you guys have made the mistake
    (2) you guys have collected the money and now you have lost it and you want it again...

Any comments anyone?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I am surprised that you are surprised.

I am surprised that you thought that we would be surprised at BT

I am surprised that you thought that we would be surprised by your expression of surprise in that post .

You will be even more surprised when their scumball debt collectors ring and tell you that ALL of this is your fault .

You will be extra surprised at their scumball debt collectors complete faith in the integrity of BT Ireland billing processes and in the accuracy of the data supplied by BT Ireland.

There is more information about BT Billing and Accounts and Complaints and names and email addresses and phone numbers on Adams Board here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'd suggest
    1) Contact your bank regarding the recent large transaction on your card which the retailer (BT) is refusing to acknolowege they made. Many banks would regard this as worthy of their fraud / billing disputes department.

2) Take legal advise. Consult a solicitor, BT Are in breech of contract with you. Don't forget a contract is a 2-way thing. BT may register a default against your credit file which could totally screw up your credit history and definitely do employ nasty debt collectors... I'd be well worth taking legal advise. I'd say you'd have grounds for sueing them on the basis that they've just tarnished your good name.

I would absolutely consult a solicitor, you could find that this creates havoc when you go for a mortgage / loan application further down the line or even if you try to get a credit card or a bill pay mobile phone!

Bare in mind that they *HAVE* the money you paid them by laser. You have recepits for this and full verification from your bank. BT wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I cannot believe they're still behaving like this.
    Personally, I wouldn't go near that company they're just not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Agreed on the consult a solicitor. All we need is one case where damage to one's credit history or reputation is successfully fought in the courts, for a big change in BT.

I fear until some such action, BT are happy enough to plod along with, presumably, the worst billing system in the country.

How many years have they been saying they're improving this with a new system?

Oh, and it's bear, not bare, me thinks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I had a billing issue with BT Ireland myself, as it happens, and while it obviously was frustrating, their support reps were friendly and actually tried to help (which is more than I can say about Meteor, but that's another story). It did take a few calls, but it was eventually resolved to my satisfaction.

Advertisement