Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Following you.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

@ Car mad, they only get away with that kinda **** because people have the attitude you mentioned there, dont rock the boat or the whole branch will harass you, the fact that you said theat indicates that the problem is a lot worse than I initialy thought, if you havent done anything wrong these Fckures cant touch you, and the second one of them tried to intimidate you they should be hauled up in front of a public court and asked to justify their actions on the stand, you might find that this goes a way to curtailing them.

people need to start taking affirmitave action and letting thes bullies know that they're not going to get away with this sort of sh1te any more, if the people were more triggerhappy reporting bad cops then they would think twice before doing some of the more arogant and dangerous things they do at the moment

Podge

Its not a fecking attitude at all i know that when you report them (because i have) you are going to be made a target by eveyone on the police force.And by jesus you cant report them all for harrasing you.Trying to intimadate they dont try at all they just do.For anyone that has gards harrasing them try and read up on a few laws.And for people that are thinking about reporting them think about it first my advice is dont report them straight away go to the local super and ask him to have a chat with the garda in question.When that dont work hide:( It helps if you can make a few friends within the gards to tell them back off.But if you think them following you and pulling you in is bad wait until they start following you non stop everytime your on the road (be it unmarked or marked)pulling you over evey time they get the chance searching the car for no reason (watch that one have been known to plant stuff:eek: ) Then your life is well and truly over they will try and get you for anything.
    If you want to complain heres the procedure
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    A complaint must be made within six months of the incident which gives rise to the complaint.

The Board deals with complaints of improper conduct by members of the Gardaí with the exception of the Garda Commissioner.

Improper conduct can be described as conduct that could result in a member being charged with a criminal offence.

or

Conduct which would constitute a breach of discipline under the Garda Síochána (Complaints) Act 1986. Examples of this kind of conduct are;

- Discourtesy

- Neglect of Duty (failing to do something which it is his / her duty to do)

- Abuse of Authority (oppressive conduct towards a member of the public such as making an arrest without good reason or using unnecessary violence towards anybody)

- Misuse of Property or Money in his / her custody belonging to a member of the public.

- Being Drunk in Uniform

- Falsehood or Prevarication (making or getting somebody else to make a statement or an entry in an official document which is, to his / her knowledge, false or misleading)

- Corrupt or Improper Practice (accepting or seeking bribes, using his / her position improperly to make a private gain)

- Putting himself or herself under a financial obligation to anyone in such a way that he or she could be compromised in the performance of his or her duty.

Other Discreditable Conduct
    contact details are as follows

Garda Síochána Complaints Board

Block 1

5th Floor

Irish Life Centre

Dublin 1

Tel: (01) 872 8666

Fax: (01) 874 6249

But if your going to go down that road watch yourself:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Magic Pips wrote:
    I've heard of both garda tail gateing (a form of harrassment imo) and pulling over cars with blacked out windows (a form of prejudice)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: most ridiculous comment ive ever read on boards
    Chief--- wrote:
    The money just isnt there.

trust me the money is most definitely there camera would be pretty pointless IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I have read through this entire thread and I find it amazing. I drive nearly 1000 miles a week for the past couple of years and I have never been pulled over.

My question is how is this? Ppl on here swear that they are pulled all the time and given bolllocking but it has never happened to me in all those days and all those miles.

TheNog wrote:
    I have read through this entire thread and I find it amazing. I drive nearly 1000 miles a week for the past couple of years and I have never been pulled over.

My question is how is this? Ppl on here swear that they are pulled all the time and given bolllocking but it has never happened to me in all those days and all those miles.

all depends what you drive and when you drive.Eg you could be driving a 5 series during the day and not even come near a check point go home at 6.But if your driving at night at 2 and 3 in the morning your going to be pulled.
    Also if you drive a Glanza,Civic,Integra,Starlet,skyline,evo,imprezza,colt,mirage,lancer you are more likely to get pulled.If your a taxi driver god help ya:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i literally drive at all times of the day from anything at 7am right through to 4am depnding on what i'm doing

I also used to drive a colt (before someone wrote it off :( ) and NEVER got pulled over either

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I used to driver a Renault 19, I would be pulled over, searched and harassed most weeks on the road drivin from Wexford to Greystones, I then bought a Laguna, no other changes to driving stlye or route taken, I was never stopped in that car, on the contrary I was even waved through a checkpoint at one stage.

Its bias and prejudice that drive the gardai, if you look like an easy mark then you're fckud,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

In my old Carine E, I was pulled constantly. It transpires the original owner was a bit of a local "character", let's say. Perhaps the reg was flagged?
    I don't know, but I'm never stopped in the van, except for breath-testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

If you've got everything in order and your not acting the twat, so what if you get followed / stopped?

No problem, normally. It's when they act the maggot with you, it becomes un-fun in the extreme. Unfortunately, some of them do just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

deputydugs wrote:
    VERY TRUE

That and we dont have fog lamps on our cars, u have lied online about fog lamps up your **** So what are be to say abt the rest of your story, I am sure you got stopped but is your car standing out from the crowd sir

a six month necro, an accusation of lying (perhaps the lights where shining in the side mirrors? :rolleyes: ), further dismissal of the rest of the story, and then suggesting that the reason the car was pulled in the first place was on the basis of discrimination ('different car' :confused: )

'we' dont have fog lamps on 'our' cars? ye gawds, you're not a guard are you? fs...

• Advertisement

I have seen squad cars with fogs, so what on earth are you talking about, Dugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Have to admit Dugs's attitude is very reminicent of a few other Gardai I've had dealings with through Boards - flatly deny any possibility of wrongdoing by their colleagues, regardless of what people say or how many say it... sure we must be ALL lying or have grudges against them!! :rolleyes:

Is it any wonder they're in the news every other week with some scandal or other. The entire lot of them need proper, independent (and most importantly, effective) oversight.

I seriously doubt this guy's a Garda at all. If he is, God help us all.
    Can someone lock this and throw away the key, please? Enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

i was driving to knocklyon last week to visit relatives, you know the roundabout at spar just off the m50 well i was in the right lane there to take the 3rd exit to go down the ballycullen road anyway check my mirrors(i passed my test earlier that day...) nothing there and move off indicating i am going right suddenly i see a garda bike fly up the inside no lights flashing or anything and was about an inch from crashing into me anyway i had braked quite hard and so had he so i moved off again indicators and everything, he followed me all the way to the house i was going to, went 50 yards up the road did a u turn and drove back out onto the ballycullen road, what a weirdo.
    I was then breathlysed randomly on the slip road to the m50 on saturday night, i was sober giving a lift to 2 very drunk old women! anyway blew in got the all clear not a bother even though when i rolled down the window the smell of booze must have nearly knocked the gardai out, anyway moral of the story some of them are utter utter **** but most are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

TheNog wrote:

how many have you pulled over?

Cerbera wrote:
    If you've got everything in order and your not acting the twat, so what if you get followed / stopped?

well it becomes a bit of a pain in the arse when your stoped 3 times in the one night for 20mins each time and then it happens every night.I dont mind been followed keep em driving around until they run out of petrol like up the mountains get out get the drum out of the car fill up.walk up to em hey lads i would give you a lift but im in a hurry:D Cerbera its alright to say that but if it happens to you, you wouldnt be too happy about it.But i think its great known all the gardas by there first name:o and its brilliant when they know you to example.
    One night out driving see a car driving up my hole again oh great says I cops.
    Keep driving on comes the sirens (here we go).
    Gard walks up to the car I roll down the window Good evening Garda what can I do for you.
    Well Car Mad(real name obviously) just a random check,tires,tax, nct,insurance and if i cant find anything we will be here a while:(
    After about 20 mins Im like this>>:D :D Hes like>>>:mad: When he says you have this car along time now when you going changing it.I says im thinking of getting a skyline Oh really he butts in well if you do and I see you too much I might be getting one aswell:mad: *Guard walks off in a huff:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Car Mad wrote:
    well it becomes a bit of a pain in the arse when your stoped 3 times in the one night for 20mins each time and then it happens every night.I dont mind been followed keep em driving around until they run out of petrol like up the mountains get out get the drum out of the car fill up.walk up to em hey lads i would give you a lift but im in a hurry:D Cerbera its alright to say that but if it happens to you, you wouldnt be too happy about it.But i think its great known all the gardas by there first name:o and its brilliant when they know you to example.
    Gard walks up to the car I roll down the window Good evening Garda what can I do for you.
    Well Car Mad(real name obviously) just a random check,tires,tax, nct,insurance and if i cant find anything we will be here a while:(
    After about 20 mins Im like this>>:D :D Hes like>>>:mad: When he says you have this car along time now when you going changing it.I says im thinking of getting a skyline Oh really he butts in well if you do and I see you too much I might be getting one aswell:mad: *Guard walks off in a huff:cool:

/applies grammar, spelling, punctuation

Car Mad wrote:

What are you driving that is getting you so much attention ?

"Small-car big-exhaust" or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

event wrote:
    how many have you pulled over?

A few ppl weaving on the road, some more who drove through a red light , another few that were speeding and drove through a red light and finally one who didn't want to stop cos he and his mate didn't own the car and were speeding,doing doughnuts, handbreakers, wheelies (or attempted to do) and both were 16 yrs old

Cerbera wrote:
    What are you driving that is getting you so much attention ?

"Small-car big-exhaust" or something?

Im driving a punto (standard no exhaust or anything)
    But im getting something like a big car big exhaust:D :D
    Theres nothing worse than a small car with big noise.
    Anyway my point was dont report them unless you know what your at.

• Advertisement

Car Mad wrote:
    But im getting something like a big car big exhaust:D :D
    Lucky for you I just happen to have a '98 R-34 Skyline for sale. :D:D:D :cool:

Cerbera wrote:
    Lucky for you I just happen to have a '98 R-34 Skyline for sale. :D:D:D :cool:

just a tweeny bit out of my price range i was thinking around an R32:(
    What kind of bhp she pushing,why are you getting rid of it:confused:

Car Mad wrote:
    just a tweeny bit out of my price range i was thinking around an R32:(
    What kind of bhp she pushing,why are you getting rid of it:confused:
    I have no idea of the BHP, never put it on a rolling-road.

It is somewhere about 300 BHP.

I'm selling it as I have the Cerbera as well ..... and it's even faster. :D

Advertisement