Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"a problem with the database"

Options
  • 14-06-2006 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Is anybody else getting this on certain pages on boards. Usually when you come back in the afternoon or whatever its fixed but then it happens again later. wtf???
    There seems to have been a problem with the database.
    Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

That happened to me a few times aswel:confused: Haven't a clue what its about tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Yeah this has been kicking my ass recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Been getting it quite a bit myself. the place to report it is the Feedback forum though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

yup, getting it here as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Probably something to do with this: Currently Active Users: 964 (458 members and 506 guests)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

yeah it has happened to me a few times aswell

and at 3:07 to like 3:40 the site is down completely altogether

not sure why either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

madmike18 wrote:
    and at 3:07 to like 3:40 the site is down completely altogether
    not sure why either
    Nightly back up occurs just after 3am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Theres a thread in feedback to report these type of error messages, make a note of the date and time they occur and post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

just the server being hammered i think. people have been coming more often due to summer etc., so the site's quite a bit more busy then it normally is. just hit refresh, or come back a few mins later and it's usually solved itself

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually summer is our least busy season as exams, study and not being in college means a significant portion of our users arent near a computer.

The recent increase in numbers is from sorting out the search slowdown which means the site can accomodate more users and they stay longer as the slowdown doesnt drive them away in frustration any more! :)

DeV.

Advertisement