Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi Fi Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I think I'm heading up but I'd say its gonna be full of knackers. Fecking trance EVERYWHERE but theres some decent acts so it should be a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭topdog8

id say its going to be lethal alright except for the amount of dodgy ****ers that will be there, id rather not camp u know urself the hassle everyone out of the head thinking all tentsmlook the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wind00ze

ya these kind of places usually attract some of the wrong crowd but
    im goin to go anyway, havnt been to a good dance festival in ages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

my flatmate and a load of her mates already have their tickets booked, so i guess i'll tag along.
    definitely looking forward to seeing the 110th street boys play to a big crowd:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Everybody's saying it'll be all knacks at it but judging by the numbers who are saying this and are going, there'll be no room left for the dodgey folk...unless those people who are saying it'll be all knackers are indeed scumbags themselves...

I'd say it'll be alright. Dance and rave have big connections to scumbags from back in the 90s but it's a different scene now. There's still plenty of clubbers who love a good party without wanting to cause trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

^ unfortuanlty not. This will still be riddled with scum. Its like the gigs at the point except outside. Wall to wall with underage pikeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 helsbels

I just moved over to Ireland last year and we are heading to HiFi. I love my trance and am not a knacker and neither is anybody else I know thats into this kind of music back in Manchester. I normally fly back home for a night out so I've yet to experience Irish clubbers. I'm really hoping the crowd for this isn't too bad because the line up looks really good :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What is it that attracts so many nackers to these events? Is it purely Trance DJ's? I've never been into trance myself but have never been able to work out why is has such a huge scumbag following. I hear Oxygen had quite its share of Pikey's - I was at electric picnic and it was fine, aparantly Garden party was nacker free too. Pitty they can't have a no-nacker policy on the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Viejo Zorro

The general stereotype that the followers of Trance music subscribe to the lifestyle that involves pale sports clothing, baseball caps at 45 degree angles and cheap argos bling is one which isn't exactly consistant. While trance may attract a multitude of scobes, there are also a few ordinary decent trance lovers left over from 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

Anyone else see the Prodigy in 'Ath Cliath in November, I thought it was pants. Would rather see people like Mylo and Vitalic having a bigger role, Razorlight?, Why?, Not a fan of trance but I hope to God that the chav's are kept at bay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I just read over there on another forum someone saying that there is rumours of Hi-fi not going ahead? are they still subject to licence for this event?
    Think I'll give this a miss, kind of giving up on going to irish festivals they just cost an arm and a leg now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

there's some people with Serious issues here, go to the festival ..dont go to the festival.. but quit moaing about the knackers.. the trance the whatever... you get a mad element anywhere you go and to be honest its not the trance crowd to look out for... there are such an array of artists on you can pretty much do your own thing.. but mixing it up is the best way..
    have fun, dont have fun.... just dont Painth everyone into a particular type of music with the same brush...
    me, like most of you, im into anything thats good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

SoulRock wrote:
    there's some people with Serious issues here, go to the festival ..dont go to the festival.. but quit moaing about the knackers.. the trance the whatever... you get a mad element anywhere you go and to be honest its not the trance crowd to look out for... there are such an array of artists on you can pretty much do your own thing.. but mixing it up is the best way..
    have fun, dont have fun.... just dont Painth everyone into a particular type of music with the same brush...
    me, like most of you, im into anything thats good..
    aye. if you can't beat them, get off your chops and join them!
    it's what i did at Global Gathering last year and i had a blast (the wall to wall scum in the main arena was funny:p )

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Well I suppose if they have necked 7 yokes they are generally pretty harmless and funny to watch at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Not a bad line up but im only back from Ibiza when that's on so no doubt ill be looking to recouperate plus i doubt id have the money plus the amount of skangers from Tallaght,etc that will be there would put me off.

Advertisement