Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serj Tankian & Zac De La Rocha - Collaboration?

• 14-06-2006 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

So i heard a rumour, with System Of A Down taking a break for a year after Ozzfest, that Serj Tankian from System And Zac De La Rocha(ex - RATM lead singer) are doing some sort of project together.

Can't seem to find anything about this myself

Any of you good people know anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

pure speculation right now, but it may flourish.... having said that, i wont get my hopes up. i had my hopes up for the zach/trent reznor thing... which happened but no music actually came out :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

Are you sure this has nothing to do with the fact that they both worked on Saul Williams's last record? I'm hoping it's not because this would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

A better project would be Zack and patton,now that would be awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Charm Offensive

I hear they're releasing an album called The Best Whingey Left-Wing Social Commentary Anthems EVER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I hear they're releasing an album called The Best Whingey Left-Wing Social Commentary Anthems EVER
    I hear you take it up the ass off monkeys

• Advertisement

Take it easy kid. I have nothing against hoodie-clad fourteen year olds who like that kinda subversion-by-numbers music, I just find them fairly amusing is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Take it easy kid. I have nothing against hoodie-clad fourteen year olds who like that kinda subversion-by-numbers music, I just find them fairly amusing is all.
    Hoodie clanned 14 year olds?
    Buddy you need to get out more,
    I've been listening to Rage Against The Machine since '92, Zac is a genius on vocals and knows his stuff, anything but "hoodie clad 14 year olds".

Serj Tankian is an absoloute master of his vocals, there is noone out there with a vocal style like him, completly unique and the guy is a legend

The two of them are very politically involved when it comes to lyric writing so having both of them in the one studio writing the one album would be absoloutely mindblowing. Now run along to your My Chemical Romance or whatever sh1te you listen to and let the adults talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I had my hopes up for the zach/trent reznor thing... which happened but no music actually came out :|

A Perfect Circles track Vacant is actually the only music from that project that made it to us, but it's very different to what it originally was.

The two of them are very politically involved when it comes to lyric writing

Well the diatribe-after-diatribe approach on most RATM or SOAD albums irritates me way too much for me to able to listen to any of them in one sitting, but maybe that's just me. System have also been reduced to little more than a parody of themselves in my mind in the wake of that Mezmerize-Hypnotize dross; coincidentally and ironically these releases saw them begin to pander to the same target market as My Chemical Romance. I've heard a grand total of ONE MCR song, by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

Numina wrote:
    A Perfect Circles track Vacant is actually the only music from that project that made it to us

And the track 'We Want It All' on the album Songs and Artists That Inspired Fahrenheit 9/11.

• Advertisement

Numina wrote:
    A Perfect Circles track Vacant is actually the only music from that project that made it to us, but it's very different to what it originally was.

nah isn't that APC's track "passive"? and wasn't that from the tapeworm project (reznor/james keenan)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

nah isn't that APC's track "passive"? and wasn't that from the tapeworm project (reznor/james keenan)?

it might be passive, I'm not too sure. De la Rocha was in on Tapeworm also, aswell as Phil Anselmo. so yea, it was from the Tapeworm Project.

Numina wrote:
    it might be passive, I'm not too sure. De la Rocha was in on Tapeworm also, aswell as Phil Anselmo. so yea, it was from the Tapeworm Project.

yeah, but i was talking about a seperate thing where reznor was producing zach's solo album. they completed it but it never got released because zach wasn't happy. trent has said that he thought it was good in interviews, but afaik only 1 song was put out on the net, which i've yet to hear actually (must dash, yarrrr etc. :p)

#Elites wrote:
    (the end of SOAD?)

i doubt it, but i think there's a sour taste in their mouths after the bad reception on the last album(s?). even watching videos of them playing live, the spark seems to have gone away... they're not as animated, though that could be down to daron being tied to the mic now.

i'm sure they'll return in future, but for a year or two i'd say they'll work on other stuff before even thinking of writing new soad material

Advertisement