Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 14-06-2006 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

A kind of stange question and in some ways a stupid one too I guess but I was wondering if there is a particular genere of music for miltary music as in music that you would hear on movies etc.

If there is a genere what is its name, is it military music or is there something more specific or a different name.

PDD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmmm... give me an example..

Do you mean scores for army / military films?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

If it was going to be called anything i would think that military music would be referred to as "Martial Music"...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Well an example I have in my head is from "The Rock" as in I can remember the music in my head clear as day. But I presume other people can identify with what I mean by military music in like war or spy movies too. It seems to a musically uneducated person like me that its mostly orchestral and some variations have a big element of drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I know what your talking about OP. It's sort of gung-hue, do-do-do-do-dum! music. Alot of what's in films sounds like Mars the bringer of War by Holst. At least it seems that way to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sometimes called a march in classical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Id go for marching music too

Advertisement