Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

There's work to be done..........

Options
  • 14-06-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Thinkin bout takin the front bumper off the Sunny on Saturday to give it a bit of a cleanup. Prob gonna sand off any lumps, bumbs and uneven surfaces and then respray, 12 years of high-speed flyswatting has taken it's toll on the finish I guess! Any tips or things to bear in mind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Why are you taking it off? It should be possible to clean and paint it on the car provided you mask the bonnet/grille properly. Depending on the existing finish, make sure you prime it properly or the new paint will flake off easily. Your local auto paint shop will be able to give you an adhesion promoter to use if not.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

I had thought about the less troublesome option of leaving it on but I'd like to give a good cleaning to the area in behind it coz god only knows what muck has built up behind it over the years!* Thanks for the tip about the primer and adhesion promoter - I'd never have thought about that.

*I've got SFA to do on Saturday and the Devil makes work for idle hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's usually easier to sand it while its on the car, otherwise it just slides all over the place!

Advertisement