Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New threads/posts highlighted in bold

Options
  • 14-06-2006 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all usually when a thread in a forum has a new posts in it the thread titles are highlighed in bold

Upon reading these new posts in the thread the titles go back to normal. This has stopped working for me, has anyone else been noticing this
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It seems to stop working every few months then start working again. Sometimes when I log in it gets rid of all the bold completely despite there being hundreds of unread posts waiting for my hilarious replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Its to do with your cookies.
    I think there is a timeout of 900 seconds on new replied threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

ahhh thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The system only stores a set number of "new" threads per user, as otherwise someone that only logged in every 3 years would have thousands so recorded.

Advertisement