Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S/E Scalps Tonight

• 14-06-2006 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to this? Was gonna give it a miss in lieu of some much needed sleep but I've been convinced to head along. Anyone else going in?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

fraid not, watching the krauts and the polaks kick lumps out of each other instead. how many runners was there last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Haven't been to SE in a while. Might go in and try and play some ultra loose aggro poker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I'm not sure 5star I was in bed last week when it was on. Lethargy is a killer!

Poland v Germany will be interesting. Apparently a private fight with various weapons has been arranged on the Polish border between 200 of each teams fans. I'm not sure which will be more of a spectacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I ended up taking this...well we did a deal when it was just me and Nigel where we peeled 50 off the top and i took 430 and 390 went to second placed Nigel. our stacks were about 60/40 in my favour.

I never really played with Chief Brody before and thought that all stories about him were exaggerated but holy mother of god I saw two of the sickest beats last night.

i couldnt believe he called your all in Ian with A3. his excuse prolly would be that they were suited. but to spike the 3 on the river, even i felt that.

and then to think that his A6 was good on a board of AAQJ. heck even i knew your man had either the straight or boat when he pushed

he was monster chip leader with id say 60% of the chips with 6 left but managed to p%ss it away....mostly to me though. he called 2 of my all ins, both times he had K5.

its actually a great tournament. i think the 150/300 level makes a big difference as well as a starting stack of 3k with a rebuy of 4k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well done - how many runners? I played it last week and there were only 23 or so. If it wasn't for this damned World Cup business...haven't played live in 8 days, that's the longest break in a year (excepting holidays) for me I'd say. There is no exaggerations when discussing the Chief - if anything people are downplaying the sickness that he brings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Well Done, you played very well from what I heard. When it was down to 3 and the Chief tried to bluff you off a k-10-9-9 board with 22 I knew his days were numbered. Mind you before that hand he had a sick chip lead after some of his usual antics.

Strangely enough until the break he played like an uber rock:eek: Think he played about 4/5 hands in the first 2 hours, I thought I was in some sort of parallel universe:confused:

The new Wednesday tourney is much better than the thursday double chance. Damn them.....means another mid week late night :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

HalfBaked wrote:
    Well Done, you played very well from what I heard.

I think thats code for "keep playing the way you do cause we are gonna get you"
    HalfBaked wrote:
    When it was down to 3 and the Chief tried to bluff you off a k-10-9-9 board with 22 I knew his days were numbered. Mind you before that hand he had a sick chip lead after some of his usual antics.

The guy is just rubbish. how can anyone blow such a chip lead 4 handed i still cant comprehend. i can understand it if karma came around to him and he suffered some beats but he either pushed with muck are called with worse muck.

after you left, the other player suggested a deal between himself and the chief to split second and third and me take first. The Chief said lets just play this hand and talk then. he pushes the other player calls with AJs chief had A6o and bye bye chief no deal for you now.[/QUOTE]
    ionaoaul wrote:
    how many runners?
    17 runners Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Washout wrote:
    I think thats code for "keep playing the way you do cause we are gonna get you"

Well, if your the sort of person who thinks everyone is out to get them..... then yes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Washout wrote:
    he pushes the other player calls with AJs chief had A6o and bye bye chief no deal for you now.

OMG? The chiefs A6 didnt stand up?

Here's 3 hands from last night.

1st Chief has JQ, calling bets on a AKKx board. Rivers a ten to fill his gutshot and Myles' trip Kings is no good.

Hand 2: Board AQJA. Chief calls a huge all-in for nearly all his stack. The guy has KT. The river of course pairs the board.

Hand 3: 6 handed. I push UTG with AdJd. Chief calls with A3s. Rivers me with a 3.

Now back to bed for me, as I'm dying with the flu. Ugh.

Advertisement