Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics

Options
  • 14-06-2006 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyGrav

Anyone got any tips for this?? I've really got nothing done yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

im lookin at

perfect competition
    costs
    SSIAs and inflation
    elasticity
    the multiplier
    international trade

that should cover u for the long qs but remember short qs is about 25% - not sure and couldnt be bothered checkin it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

bang on, they're all being tipped by all the teachers, i do it outside school so if it strays off i'm screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Is the SSIA question too obvious? Every second ad on the radio is about them and theyre all over the news. Its almost too obvious that they may be something on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Conor h

ya maybe but they could hardly give an Economic exam without asking on the biggest impact on our Economy in years that the SSIA's will bring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Does anyone know if Labour is predicted? They seem to nearly always throw on a factor of production question.

• Advertisement

i was studying it today, and on the top of my page i have written "Labour or Capital - Guaranteed" so obviously thats what my teacher thought so in september.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

SSIA's have gotta come up! i don't think the examiners are gonna set out to screw people out of a current topic just for the laugh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TiM_rEAPeR

SSIA'S and inflation and interest rates are the sorta topical things within the Irish economy and european economy. Although the SSIA's are on the radio and everywhere remember that the exam was written a few months back before you could cash and SSIA so in their heinsight they probably didn't realsie its predictability, also its appeared in two mocks.

Personally I dont know a thing about SSIA's an I dont intend to learn about it, im relying 75% on mircomonics but im open for a trip to macronomics if all else failes. Also, is perfect comp guaranteed to come up, the patter on the market structures seems fairly predicable and this year the cycle is on P.C, it seems too easy. Imagine if they gave us 8 macronomics questions, they CAN do that you know, this year seems as good a year as any to do it.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mad Cyril

It's on Wednesday so why bother taking the risk with one market structure or FOP? Just do 'em all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Conor h wrote:
    ya maybe but they could hardly give an Economic exam without asking on the biggest impact on our Economy in years that the SSIA's will bring?
    True True
    The SSIA thing could well come up in a quesion on Capital with savings and all that so dont leave out capital.
    Perfect Competion and Price Discrimination are the two Markets that havent come up in ages so theyre the two to bank on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

I'm doing nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

:confused:This thread is a year old and economics was on wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

I'm having a laugh!
    Someone reserected a thread from 2005 about getting their results yesterday. I didnt know what was going on!

Advertisement