Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever joined this gay youth support group?

Options
  • 14-06-2006 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all! I'm new here.

I'm a gay male and I want to meet other gay fellas around my age (I'm 18). I have a long summer full of free time so I've decided to spend some of it (just after doing my Leaving Cert!). Anyway, I found this website: http://www.belongto.org/ and it seems really good for young homosexuals (and bisexuals). I might go along on Sunday but I'm rather shy and a bit insecure in my sexuality and I need to talk to people in the same position as me. My family and friends are cool with it but I'm finding it hard to come to terms with my sexual attraction with other males. Has anyone else ever gone to this group (or still going)? If so, could you tell me of your experience. All would be appreciated. Thanks! ;)

Dan :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I've never been myself (too old now) but I've heard nothing but positive things from it. Well worth checking out I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Lunoma

Yes. It seems really good! I think I might go along on Sunday at 3.30pm. It's nice to know that there are groups out there for social bonding. Sometimes it can be hard being gay in a straight world! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you're a bit shy and nervous give them a ring beforehand

I have always heard lots of good things about it and I've never been myself but know people who have

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Lunoma

Yes I've sent them an email and the fella was very nice and supportive. Sure it can be hard being a newbie but I'm sure I'll make friendships their and maybe even relationships! I just feel that I need to befriend people who are in a similiar situation to I as my current friends are supportive and understanding but it can hard being the only gay in my year! :D What suprises me is how tolerant my class are (or I should say were as I'm finished school).

I'll let you know how I got along. ;)

Advertisement