Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High latency and warp lag

Options
  • 14-06-2006 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Within the past few days I have somehow obtained very high latecny while playing wow. Before this it was usually below 100 but is now always at least over 350. I also get a lot of warp lag where by the game freezes then a few seconds later catches up.
    Again I stress my game always ran perfectly up until a few days ago. I'm playing on Frostwhisper. I have followed all advice on tech forums; duplex, check summing etc., have deleted all my add-ons, the interface, WTF and WDB folders. I also connected with my firewall disabled but still had the same problems.
    I have two connections in the house, one is esat BT through a modem and the other is Eircom through a router but problem persists with both.
    I have tried everything I can think of :(
    Please help :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Are you seriously complaining about 300 ping and a few seconds lag when you port? Count yourself lucky tbh.

Might be an addon issue, that tends to slow down zoning alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Hmmm yes. ( although today it is even higher 750+)
    If by porting you mean zoning then you misunderstood my explanation of "warp lag"
    Example: Im fighting some mob with a team mate, the game freezes, I see my team mate walking forward continuously, after a few seconds it updates to what is really happening, ie. mob has lost hp, my team mate is where he was before it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Seifer wrote:
    Hmmm yes. ( although today it is even higher 750+)
    If by porting you mean zoning then you misunderstood my explanation of "warp lag"
    Example: Im fighting some mob with a team mate, the game freezes, I see my team mate walking forward continuously, after a few seconds it updates to what is really happening, ie. mob has lost hp, my team mate is where he was before it started.

Same was happening to me when the Blizzard Downloader was acting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

I had the same issue for about a week but it has cleared itself in the last few
    days. Latency would go from 100ms (my average) to 2500ms over a period of about a minute. After loggiin and resarting the game it would usually come back down.

Sorry, no advice to offer - just what happened to me :(
    I made no changes and it just 'went away'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Do a tracert to blizzard europe to establish if it's you or them.

I've had no lag myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sometimes there's latency issues on certain servers... my latency is usually in and around 60ms but occasionally it can spike to up to 800ms, which can be really annoying. Hasn't happened much for me lately though. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've had a huge number of disconnects recently but I think its a problem with my ISP. Anyone know the url to tracert for the eu servers?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

DeVore wrote:
    I've had a huge number of disconnects recently but I think its a problem with my ISP. Anyone know the url to tracert for the eu servers?

DeV.

It gives this guide on how to get the IP to tracert on the forum: http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support-en&t=290058&p=1&tmp=1#post290058

There probably is a list of IPs somewhere or something also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Thanks for responses guys; I'll try to reply to them in order. :)
    I have the Background downloader disabled, so that's not it.
    I have performed a tracert to Frostwhisper ( the way to obtain the server IP is outlined on tech forums) but before I go on, I have logged characters on other realms and experience the same problem. I'll enclose a tracert I did. As you can see the ping doesn't ever get high it just times out. When the hops reach the telia servers it is supposed to time out as these are blizzs.

Tracing route to rodmac.plus.com [80.229.149.82]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1

2 13 ms 13 ms 12 ms bas505.cwt.esat.net [193.95.136.241]

3 12 ms 17 ms 16 ms vlan500.rt502.cwt.esat.net [193.95.136.125]

4 12 ms 12 ms 13 ms vlan52.rt001.cwt.esat.net [193.95.130.145]

5 12 ms 13 ms 12 ms ge1-0.core002.cwt.esat.net [193.95.129.2]

6 28 ms 29 ms 29 ms pos2-0.br002.ldn.esat.net [193.95.131.50]

7 29 ms 29 ms 30 ms linx-gw2.plus.net [195.66.226.164]

8 27 ms 27 ms 28 ms ge1-0-0-23.ptn-gw2.plus.net [212.159.4.18]

9 27 ms 27 ms 56 ms ge0-0-0-22.pte-gw2.plus.net [212.159.4.10]

10 40 ms 28 ms 27 ms gi11-0-504.pte-ag2.plus.net [84.92.4.91]