Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6230i problems- anyone else???

• 14-06-2006 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭

I have a brand new Nokia6230i which is driving me mad! It keeps changing it's ring tone back to the original one, ie. the one that was set on it when I got it. :mad:

Anyone else having problems with this phone?

I know, I know! I should get onto Vodafone, and I will but just wondering if there are any other dodgy 6230i's around or is it just me. I always seem to get the one faulty one out of the 1,000,000 made! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Have you removed the memory card and put it back in again? If your tone is stored on that and you remove it the phone goes back to the standard nokia tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭sudzs

No! Hadn't done anything to it, not even switched off and on again, or even had it on charge.

It's as if it has a mind of its own! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

sudzs wrote:
    No! Hadn't done anything to it...

Just wondering because something similar was happening with mine before I figured it out.

Did you change the themes? The ringtone is set by the theme so if you personalise a theme with a different ring tone and then pick another theme, the ringtones of that theme are applied.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks for the replies!

I think I might have been changing the "profile" thingy to general which had the original ring tone set... It seems to be o.k now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I got my new 6230i yesturday evening and I had the same problem until o2 pointed it out :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement