Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberries and Tobasco

• 14-06-2006 7:33pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever tried it ??

Slice them up and splash some hot sauce over .. MMMmmmmm

Strange taste sensation....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I do something similar, but I use pink madagascar peppercorns, the sweet and the heat go well together. There is a lindt chocolate bar which is sour cherry and chili filling, that stuff rocks too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For a dip you could try a blitzing a punnet of strawberries & 2 or 3 red chillis in a food processor. Great with prawn crackers & other "bland" crispy things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Sounds interesting. I love strawberries with balsamic vinegar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Got this stuff in the States a while back, Tasty!
    http://www.toadsweat.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Strawberries with black pepper and a really ripe soft cheese! Nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'm a strawberry purist. At the most I'll go for a large dollop of half fat creme fraiche with them. They have to be washed, hulled, whole and room temperature for me.

No sugar, no chopping, no pickling in alcohol, no tabasco, no balsamic, no pepper, no chili, no peppercorns, no citrus additions, no vanilla sprinkles, no ice cream.

Berries are God's own answer to the fact that chocolate makes ya fat. The best thing they go with are more berries.

Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, washed, hulled, dry, at room temperature, in a large bowl, with no messing. Not just fabulous, pretty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Interesting...

To be honest, I never thought strawberries where sweet anyways.. hmm must try them with the vinegar some time ;) sounds like a taste sensation !

(you must say 'taste sensation' while singing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HemmingSay

black pepper FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No sugar, no chopping, no pickling in alcohol, no tabasco, no balsamic, no pepper, no chili, no peppercorns, no citrus additions, no vanilla sprinkles, no ice cream.

A Strawberry Nazi! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Fresh strawberries, pouring cream on top and sit back. Heaven in a bowl

• Advertisement
Advertisement