Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mysql import from xls/csv??

Options
  • 14-06-2006 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

Can somebody please explain to me how to import data from an xls/csv(whichever is easier) file into a new database? I've been googling all afternoon to no avail! I use sqlyog enterprise as my interface, which supposedly can do this but I can't work out how! :mad:

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just having a quick at my own version of sqlyog (older version - 4.0.2), it could probably be done using an ODBC import. Set up the excel file as a File DSN, and then do an ODBC import in sqlyog (Tools -> Power Tools -> ODBC Import Wizard on mine).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Yeah I've tried that (v5.13; Power Tools -> Migration Toolkit) but when I select the .dsn file and click next and select "Copy table(s) from the datasource" and hit next again I'm presented with an empty box where there should presumably be data from the source file??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Got it sorted, thanks anyway!

Advertisement