Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Ireland

Options
  • 14-06-2006 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I'm considering changing from o2 to 3Ireland. Texts 3c for first 3 months, €80 credit on new phone. Top up €10 every 30 days from activation get €10 extra credit added to handset every month for 6 months. Sounds good.
    Has anyone made the move? Whats coverage like? Have you found any faults with the service I should know of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Try posting here instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 multy1

before switching you should carefully read T+Cs this offer of 3 cent on net is only going to last until august then you will be back paying 18c a minute and 9c a text that is 3 to 3, also only valuable offer to you if your mates are also on 3 as higher rates apply to other network, I dont think its a great deal, just clever advertising to get you interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

Has anyone made the move?
    -I have.

Whats coverage like?
    -72% is the widest 3G coverage in Ireland, outside that national roaming is provided by vodafone 2G (99.5%) at no extra cost.

Have you found any faults with the service I should know of?
    -Restricted web access is really the only bad thing about 3. They give you 2MB/1 hour free browsing every day till 10th July, after that it's charged like this, but access is limited to about 400 sites that 3 have approved of (rte.ie, mobilegear.biz, met.ie, etc) and if you try to go outside this you get a message asking you to suggest the site to 3.

If web access doesn't matter to you (doesn't matter to me), then 3 means great coverage & prices and free video content. (And MSN messenger coming soon!)
    multy1 wrote:
    only valuable offer to you if your mates are also on 3 as higher rates apply to other network, I dont think its a great deal
    On 3Pay calls to other networks are 35c (which isn't as high as Vodafone or O2) but calls to 1520 numbers are 25c, so if you use Airtalk you can call other networks (and other countries) for 25c, which is pretty good.

Advertisement