Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cel Collecting

Options
  • 14-06-2006 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

okay, mega geeky that it is, i was just wondering are there any other anime cel collectors in Ireland????
    i have yet to come accross any.
    i myself cant stop buying Akira cels.
    i remember a year or so ago being told not to get involved as "its more expensive and addictive then crack"
    i have since learned the truth of those words :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

That's an interesting hobby. I would imagine they're quite hard to acquire, especially seeing as they're anime film cels. Total Film magazine recently gave away Star Wars saga film cels free. I got Return Of The Jedi-I should've checked before buying!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

check out

www.rubberslug.com.

its an online community of peoples cel galleries!
    if you wanna check out my Akira gallery, its at

http://akiracels.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

yup, its a very interesting hobby. its quite something watching a film/series and seeing a cel you actually own in it.
    price is totally dependant on the popularity of a series. so it *is* possible to collect and not pay that much. ive gotten a few of mine for under €20 :D
    but if you're into things like Inuyasha, or mainstream american shows like The Simpsons, or even more insane, Disney, then you'd wanna start saving...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

My god, going through this stuff on ebay, the prices!

1,100 for a cel from Laputa (one of my favourite films) :(

Think I'll stick with collecting DVDs and artwork ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

wow, i see it!
    well, in fairness, it IS a studio Ghibli cel..which are SUPER desireable. you really know how to pick em lol

Advertisement