Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea I'm soldiering on with Dreamfall, too into it to switch now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finished this today (re-re-ressurection of this thread gave me that final push) and have to admit it was the best game ending ive seen in a long while. Some good cliffhangers, but not of the Halo 'lets cut off at the very best bit' style cheap shot. Definitely the most fully formed video game story I have had the pleasure to experience.
    But I also realised how little gameplay there is - on a rough count there was probably less than 10 proper puzzles in the game, many of which were quite easy.
    But this is about the story really, so on to the original I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

I finished TLJ a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it immensely. I've taken a break before starting Dreamfall, but I plan on getting stuck into it shortly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I finished TLJ a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it immensely. I've taken a break before starting Dreamfall, but I plan on getting stuck into it shortly.

Id say you may be disapointed. Playing through TLJ now and its much more puzzle intensive and interesting throughout. I liked Dreamfall when playing through it, but TLJ really does make you see the flaws :(

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I just picked both TLJ games for about $24 I think or whatever that converts to in Euros.

They are both available as a package on Steam (www.steampowered.com)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Maximilian wrote:
    I just picked both TLJ games for about $24 I think or whatever that converts to in Euros.

They are both available as a package on Steam (www.steampowered.com)

hmm, thats a good deal, might plump for that tonight. Whats Steam like to order through, I have it installed for HL2 but never actually bought anything through it.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

mcgovern wrote:
    hmm, thats a good deal, might plump for that tonight. Whats Steam like to order through, I have it installed for HL2 but never actually bought anything through it.

Its very easy and quick. Probably the best for buying games online, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

I've bought stuff through Steam before and it's great. Got HL 2:EP 1, Darwinia, Uplink and Sin through it, no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

I got this game ages ago and im really looking forward to playing it :) except i have a pile of games i need to finish before i get onto it. I must get the first one off steam too because i may as well play that one before dreamfall.

Advertisement