Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dial up for parents

Options
  • 15-06-2006 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Can anyone please tell me what companies still do dial up access? Need to set up for parents. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

ER.. ok.
    Esat BT and Eircom, among others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

litirspam wrote:
    Hi guys,
    Can anyone please tell me what companies still do dial up access? Need to set up for parents. Thanks.

Every company that did dial up a year ago still do it now and with the way things are going might still be doing dialup in 5+ years time!

Sad I know but this is Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Got it thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

litirspam wrote:
    Hi guys,
    Your best bet if they're just getting started is to use the "pay as you go" dialup - dial in to 1892 150 150, use eircom/eircom as the username/password (I think you can use anything you want), and you should get connected at local call rates, about 75c for an hour online at evenings or weekend.

They can register for a POP e-mail account at eircom, or you can set them up with a webmail account at gmail or various other places.

Once they've been using it for a little while, they'll be in a position to decide if they want to make a more permanent commitment. If DSL is available on their line, it will probably be as cheap as any prepaid dialup account they might sign up for - you can get 30 hours a month for 9.99, but at that point you might as well go for always on DSL for as little at 20 euro from various providers.

Advertisement