Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus...should I go with their B/B?

• 15-06-2006 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm with BT at the moment but after a six month wrangle over charges I'm strongly inclined to go with Chorus.I have a land line which I neither use nor need so Chorus seems like a good choice from an economical stand point.Has any of my fellow forum members any experience of them,good or bad? They have three packages...512k,1.5MB and 3MB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I've never used Chorus but I use NTL (also cable) I have found, at two seperate addresses, that cable is far better than DSL (BT).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Muggy Dev wrote:
    Hi,

I'm with BT at the moment but after a six month wrangle over charges I'm strongly inclined to go with Chorus.I have a land line which I neither use nor need so Chorus seems like a good choice from an economical stand point.Has any of my fellow forum members any experience of them,good or bad? They have three packages...512k,1.5MB and 3MB.

Are you on their cable TV service, bear in mind it isnt available if you have MMDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Muggy Dev

Thanks for that Paul. Yes Jumpy,I already have their cable service.You reckon they're O.K?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

My friend has their 3m service, it works very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

my girlfriends house has the 512k, it rarely goes above 30kb/s(using newsgroups) and it goes down quite a lot late at night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Muggy Dev

Thanks for the input guys.....I think I'll talk to their tech dept on Monday and find out a bit more but yeah,I'm leaning towards them.We.ve had cable from them for 5 years without a hitch.BT begger belief!

Thanks again!

Advertisement