Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

anyone who has seen Trailer Park Boys may have seen the episode where the kidnap Alex Lifeson..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

seachto7 wrote: »
    anyone who has seen Trailer Park Boys may have seen the episode where the kidnap Alex Lifeson..

quality!! bubbles up on stage as Alex's guitar tech and all.. pure quality!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Baggio wrote: »
    Galway good stuff bud :)

any chance of dragging an act over here and we team up again?..would be terific! ;)

ciao' amigo...Baggio...

Working on it, last one was a top weekend.:cool:

Looks like Rush weekend will be in Crewe, Sunday 30th may next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Mushy wrote: »
    Or just any chance of seeing actual Rush?*

*need to see them in action...cant believe it hasn't happened yet.

ive seen them!! unbefockelievebale!!

• Advertisement

Going to play SnA Blue Ray DVD tonight, it is 21-12 day:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got R30 today, so will watch it soon...before midnight:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I've been listening to A Farewell to Kings all day and loads of other Rush songs.

Alex Lifeson is one under-rated guitarist. I mean he's one of the best in my opinion. Just because he doesn't shred every solo, he makes them more melodic to fit the song.

He's awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Jako8 well said mr.lifeson for me is unrivaled his style is soo unique to me the best ensemble guitarist ive ever heard...so many songs have so many diferent styles in them and yet its the same song!...his technique is remarkable and his sense of melody in solo's etc just makes reallly beautiful music covered in rock.....a truly great player....

shredders?..ughhh do me a favour their alll the same sounding just boring...

lifeson just seems to think in a whole diferent way thankfully! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

watching this bit now:D

Def my 2nd favourite drummer...this is immense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 damnnargles

2112 and Hemispheres for me personally! 2112 git me hooked, passage to Bangkok, what a riff! Hemispheres cemented the idea that Rush are the best three piece in the world. :D Watch the live dvd's, R30 and my favourite live in Rio. Songs like Earthshine, Red Barchetta, Limelight, La Villa Strangiato, YYZ and of course Tom Sawyer. Need I say anymore. Long live Neil Peart :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Surprised I haven't seen this thread before now. Rush is one of those "musician's musicians" bands that insipres people to pick up instruments themselves - the bass in my case. These days they can even record themselves on video and put it up on YouTube, even forming "virtual bands". The drummers are the most fun - here's one doing my favourite song from Presto:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement