Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave Lagana/ECW

• 15-06-2006 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

http://nodq.com

(Credit: WrestlingObserver.com)

The SmackDown lead writer David Lagana has been replaced by Alex Greenfield. David Lagana will be moving to the ECW brand being a writer there. Alex Greenfield is the new SmackDown lead writer.

If Anyone needs me, ill be in a the corner silently weeping...ECW dies a death yet again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Oh deadly! So the mastermind behind the likes of 'mr. charisma' bobby lashley and finlay's leprachaun is comin to ECW? Well i know they had a bumpy start there on the sci-fi network but never fear cause Dave Lagana is here!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i take it i'm not alone when thinking dreamer & heyman = no need for "creative writers". better still get all of wwe creative writers in the middle of the ring a few 6 packs, a few smokes, & let sandman go nuts with a singapore cane. now that's a bright future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was readin durin the week that Dreamer doesn't actually have any creative control in ECW now. He did for ONS last year, but it seems like once Vince decided to make ECW a big part of WWE, he didn't think Dreamer would be up to the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 I_Need_a_Life

Fozzy wrote:
    I was readin durin the week that Dreamer doesn't actually have any creative control in ECW now. He did for ONS last year, but it seems like once Vince decided to make ECW a big part of WWE, he didn't think Dreamer would be up to the job

Cos Vince is OBVIOUSLY the creative king! Quick question, how many people did McMahoninism turn into TNAethists?

Just a thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

vince's little daughter is now heyman's supervisor :rolleyes:

From PW.Com:

Paul Heyman is the lead writer for ECW, but his supervisor is Stephanie McMahon. Tommy Dreamer is no longer involved in creative

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if ECW sees Christmas then i will be amazed. it will be Monday Night RAW Jr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 I_Need_a_Life

the fact they havnt booked, nor have they made any moves to book dates further then september leads me to believe they dont plan on keeping it past halloween.

Ah well, at least those months of anticipation and seeing cena crucified were good enough....*sigh*

They have an ECW ppv booked for December 3rd

Here's what was said about ECW at the conference call WWE had about a week or so ago:
    I sat and listened to the entire WWE Conference Call with Linda McMahon Tuesday. The only pertinent highlights from the call are noted below:

- Linda claims that about $12-15 Million will be spent on ECW this year, and should 'break even' the first year.

- The December 3rd PPV is specifically for the ECW brand. Linda also states that their goal is to make ECW as big as Raw and Smackdown.

- WWE stars will continue to go back and forth to ECW and vice versa to try and establish the brand.

They're definitely looking to keep it for over a year, if they only expect to break even the first year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

They'd be lucky to break even imo. Also Raw stars going back and forth to ECW means no ECW wrestler will ever get a push(not countin RVD,ANGLE and Big Show) apart from Sabu who is bein pushed atm. But ECW does survive the year, it will be completly changed to the WWE style of show if that hasn't happened already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've watched the recent ECW episode and it was a big improvement from last week but its biggest problem remains the fans who are dead at the shows.

Apparently if they get picked up by USA after their run on Sci-Fi ends, then they will be allowed run in their old arenas.

• Advertisement

There's going to be a live show from the old ECW arena though, isn't there?

Might aswell answer my own question, since I just read it. They're havin an ECW house show this Saturday in the old ECW arena. Raw and SD will both be taped from an arena in Philadephia on July 3rd, and ECW will be live from Philadelphia on July 4th. So we can probably expect a much better crowd at that show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

last nights show was actually quite good. enjoyed it. good main event

Advertisement