Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is NTL down in Tallaght?

• 15-06-2006 9:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone let me know if NTL is down for them in Tallgaht (Aylesbury), it was working this morning just before 8 but is gone down now.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

They seem to be having severe problems.. I'm currently getting about 8% packet loss.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

spockety wrote:
    They seem to be having severe problems.. I'm currently getting about 8% packet loss.

Sorry about all those.. that'd be my b*****d NTL connection going nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Hi,

Its not down, but very slooooooow

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

Yeah... Its really slow. Pain the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Dub 24 here and my connection is so slow :(

High packet loss and pages are taking forever to load or just timing out....

Usually rock solid so i hope they get it sorted soon.

Misty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Dublin 13

It was down Thursday morning from 8 till about 2pm

And when it came back it is ****e it is slow with packet loss and cant use my blueface it just drops the calls after a few seconds

Maybe NTL should undo the recent upgrades as the service has been muck since they upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

It is the same in Dublin 13, Baldoyle.
    Brutal dropouts, but bursts of legendary speed (8megs).

Also cannot use Blueface due to dropouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I'm in D24 too and it's extremely slow. I was trying to play a few hands in poker and I kept being folded for being to slow to respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

I rang them they said they would get someone to ring me back still waiting

The problem seems to be at the INEX connection doing a traceroute that seems to be where the problems start.

Hopefully smart telecom will hurry up and do my exchange NTL is gone to ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Still getting packet loss in D24 and no sign of it being repaired (phoned them). Anyway to bypass INEX

• Advertisement

Just read in the paper that they were in court recently because their factory in Tallaght was pumping out 46 decibels or something at night and the average decibels a person should hear in their sleep is 38? NTL said that they had reduced the noise coming from the place because of complaining house holds.

This must have something to do with the **** BB lately:mad: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LumoColor

Lucan. High packet loss, keeps losing connection every min or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 adamo

Saggart Abbey here.

Been having problems since 14th June I think.
    Can ping www.ntl.ie without any losses but anything else is dropping around 10% packets.

Did send complain to NTL but not much happend since then. They forwarded it somewhere and that's it.

In plus they at least did reply.
    Good to know that there is not only mine problem. If more of us is having this issue it is more likely they will look into it.

Would suggest everyone having problems send compaint to them so they will be aware of problem scale.

Cheers,

Edit: Spelling

On 17th morning problem still persist. Been 3th day in roll BB is unusable :/

Still having problems here.

Called TechSupport, waited 20 mins :eek: :-

"There is a problem with BB in dublin area, its been like this for last 2 days, Engineers working on it, should be back up this evening." :confused:

Fingers Crossed. :rolleyes:

Well I called them again because they never called me back waited about 30 minutes and all I got was " I dont know"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

LumoColor wrote:
    Lucan. High packet loss, keeps losing connection every min or so.

yup.. basically loosing connection as you said.. its a lot more visible if you try play games like counterstrike or Second life.. Skype also is being a pain.. hanging up every 5 minutes or so.. its a good thing I decided to check borads to see if others were have simular problems.. I was about to F*** my Router out the window >.< oh oh and **waves** at aylesbury person!!

Support did call me back just few minutes before.

Was told that they are aware of the problem in the area and the issue was reported to some UK department that is supposed to work on it.

Got no estimated time of fix.
    Good they agree there is a problem and working on it. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon.

Big plus for suppot for them. They keep in touch and even called me back, which was last think I would expect, especialy on Saturday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Shankill here, Been working perfectly at 9.7mb/s all along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

as if it couldnt get worse it just did.. might be that its peak time.. but its gotten rotten the past half hour.. **puts foot through NTL**

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

PG4000 wrote:
    Just read in the paper that they were in court recently because their factory in Tallaght was pumping out 46 decibels or something at night and the average decibels a person should hear in their sleep is 38? NTL said that they had reduced the noise coming from the place because of complaining house holds.
    NTL have a factory in Tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Yeah its acting weird here in citywest, it keeps delaying.

oscarBravo wrote:
    NTL have a factory in Tallaght?

Apparently they do. I'm not too sure where abouts though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I was onto Tech support,a nice fella on phone said a good few areas will be affected because a UBR or something had gone down and it will be monday or tuesday till I was back online.

It has just come back so dont know what the situation is....

mad m wrote:
    I was onto Tech support,a nice fella on phone said a good few areas will be affected because a UBR or something had gone down and it will be monday or tuesday till I was back online.

It has just come back so dont know what the situation is....

Well someone is lying over there in NTL I just got off the phone to them and they said that a UK team is working on it but has not actually figured out what is wrong with the network.
    Well if they dont know what is wrong I cant see them fixing it anytime soon.

I got a leaflet in today from Magnet says it is available in my area anybody know anything about them. I dont fancy hanging around waiting for NTL to get their finger out of their ass.

Still havin problems, keeps dropping the connection, useless for gaming and surfing is painful having to refresh pages every time it stutters.

Looks like NTL dont know what is going on :eek: Again :eek: :eek: :eek:

Was only a couple of weeks ago when I lost connection for a week after they had to replace some kit in Lucan, followed by the signal is too strong story.

In the last month Ive had usable service for 18 days, come on you NTL muppets, sort it out.

Just lost digital TV, only radio working. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LumoColor wrote:
    Still havin problems, keeps dropping the connection, useless for gaming and surfing is painful having to refresh pages every time it stutters.

Looks like NTL dont know what is going on :eek: Again :eek: :eek: :eek:

Was only a couple of weeks ago when I lost connection for a week after they had to replace some kit in Lucan, followed by the signal is too strong story.

In the last month Ive had usable service for 18 days, come on you NTL muppets, sort it out.

Tell them you want a rebate on your bill if they are not providing the service dont pay for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Dowee

shltter wrote:

Hopefully smart telecom will hurry up and do my exchange NTL is gone to ****e

Smart went live in Tallaght last week. I got a call from the them and am in the process of changing over to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭tonyj

Glad to see I'm not alone. My NTL broadband here in citywest has been really flaky since Thursday night. Every few minutes it slows down / drops connections.

• Advertisement

Bleh still not working as for morning of June 18th. Been 4 days NTL Broadband is not working for whole area.

That's getting lame. :cool:

It actully got even worst. Today there is 18% drop for me.
    (just for record pinging www.ntl.ie no losses)

Advertisement