Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is NTL down in Tallaght?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

shltter wrote:
    Well someone is lying over there in NTL I just got off the phone to them and they said that a UK team is working on it but has not actually figured out what is wrong with the network.
    Well if they dont know what is wrong I cant see them fixing it anytime soon.

I got a leaflet in today from Magnet says it is available in my area anybody know anything about them. I dont fancy hanging around waiting for NTL to get their finger out of their ass.
    Ntl still have their main servers and stuff(UBRs - universal broadband router) in the UK so they weren't lying when they said a uk team was working on it.
    LumoColor you have other problems than whats going on at the moment if you DTV has gone off too. The current problem wouldnt effect the DTV, sounds like your signal is phucked up:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

DingDong wrote:
    Ntl still have their main servers and stuff(UBRs - universal broadband router) in the UK so they weren't lying when they said a uk team was working on it.
    LumoColor you have other problems than whats going on at the moment if you DTV has gone off too. The current problem wouldnt effect the DTV, sounds like your signal is phucked up:(

No they were lying to me or to MadM I was told they had not figured out what the problem was and had no idea how long it was going to be before it was fixed

Mad M was told it was a UBR and that it would be fixed on Monday or Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

thier TV is gone in leixlip since firiday! there was a huge powercut or something they say, couse severe prolemos but they fixed them and caused others :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LumoColor

DTV came back on after about an hour or so, all is good there now. Still having problems with BB.

Called NTL again and they confirmed that the problem is still there and they are working on it, estimated that it would be fixed by tomorow.

They are also going to give me a credit for the loss of service (wouldnt say how much tho). TBH Id prefer to have working BB than to have refunds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

More than like shltter you manage to get through to one of the many idiot that do be in customer service as he said" I dont know" I misread your post. But I dont why he wouldnt know about it as it seems to be very big problem. Either way I reckon it should be all back to normal monday. A problem like this is usaully very rare but the speed at which their fixing it is way to slow.

• Advertisement

DingDong wrote:
    More than like shltter you manage to get through to one of the many idiot that do be in customer service as he said" I dont know" I misread your post. But I dont why he wouldnt know about it as it seems to be very big problem. Either way I reckon it should be all back to normal monday. A problem like this is usaully very rare but the speed at which their fixing it is way to slow.

No you mis read my post again the person I was speaking to said that the people working on it in the UK had not figured out what the problem was.

As they had not figured out the nature of the problem No one had any idea how long the problem is going to continue for.

they suggested that I ring back today to see if the people in the UK had identified the problem and for an estimate of how long it would take to fix but no gaurantees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Has anybody noticed if there are still problems this morning? How are people testing for packet loss, I've tried downloading Dan Elwell's software but that reports no problems.

I just use standard windows ping in a dos window. Leave it running for a couple of mins, when the connection drops you get "No response" messages, these appear quite regulary and there is a pattern to the loss of connection.
    ping -t www.jolt.co.uk

There is a tool called "pingplotter" that does this better, if you have a linux box use "mtr".

masterK wrote:
    Has anybody noticed if there are still problems this morning? How are people testing for packet loss, I've tried downloading Dan Elwell's software but that reports no problems.

Yes it is still ****ed day 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

would this problem explain why im getting an ip address but cant get any packet info down. when i ping an addres it just gives the host unreachabe error. the ready led is green on the router

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I think you should be able to brwose the web, even if you u have some problems with it.

If you send a mail to the support team and complain about the service in the last few days and ask for a refund you should get something. I did, not sure how much and they didn't say it in the mail.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

i cant browse the web doesn't pick up the proxy settings.
    I cant receive any packets across the network which is really strange.
    What legth is the DHCP address lease usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭shellie11

nava wrote:
    Hi

Can anyone let me know if NTL is down for them in Tallgaht (Aylesbury), it was working this morning just before 8 but is gone down now.

Thanks

yeh i work in Ntl,there having problems with bb,area fault including
    D6, 12, 16, lucan and also D13, some D9

should be back to normal soon enough

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

What's soon enough?

Soon enough for me would be yesterday, considering I'm paying for this and have had crap service for a month now, every time I phone up I'm told the problem is my computer and to restart it.

(p.s Shouldn't have said you work in NTL :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

shellie11 wrote:

This is the same message Custumer Support have been giving since last thursday!! and the reason is your goodself or CS have no idea what is wrong or when exactly it will be fixed.

The problem appears to be in the UK therefore it shall be them that determine the maintance schedule and not NTL Ireland. Soon enough could be Friday, for me this is not soon enough.

All I want is to be informed via the NTL web site of the projected time frame. I dont what to ring every day to get the same uninformed response, I can then choose what to do then myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

yup should be a system same as the uk to monitor problems and keep an update!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 adamo

Got mail from Customer Service:
    Thank you for your email. I have been advised by our Broadband Support Team that
    we are still experiencing issues with the service which is causing either
    intermittent problems and slow browsing.

This is been investigated by our Regional Technical Department
    who are doing their utmost in having this matter resolved.

It is nice to keep being informed. But 5th day in a roll without service is really long.

I would understand that if it would be only mine single line it would have low priority and long fix time but if whole area is having problems and such big company is not able to fix it in 5 days?! NTL managers should pay for some extra training for their network engineers or hire few new ones.

Didn't seems anything happend on Monday so maybe someone will finally fix this thing on Tueasday. But generly I feel dissapointed with this whole issue.

At least Customer Support is doing good in NTL.

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 360guy

if anything, its getting worse, im in dublin 24 area. i actually thought there was something wrong with my pc before i checked here on boards, internet browsing it soo bad. 5 days now is terrible, i hope NTL offer some type of compensation to clients for this hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

still gone in Lucan - and I have VOIP so am not a happy camper

Still down. Called Cust Service, got supervisor to call me back.

Problem (like many ppl have posted) is being worked on by a team from uk. No time to fix as of yet.

They crediting a months free service, so get your complaints in!!!

• Advertisement

LumoColor wrote:
    Still down. Called Cust Service, got supervisor to call me back.

Problem (like many ppl have posted) is being worked on by a team from uk. No time to fix as of yet.

They crediting a months free service, so get your complaints in!!!

Maybe they expect it to be down for a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

shellie11 wrote:

well thats great.. only.. Aylesbury is in D24.. were I am also.. and my connection is basically unusable >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

This is getting ridicious now, My connection has been pure rubbish for 5 days now and when i call them they dont even seem to know that there is a widespread problem..

If it wasnt for all the Football on the telly over the weekend id have gone nutz....

Hope someone over in NTL pulls their finger out and sorts this...........

Misty

Heh I don't want to troll here too much but honestly can't figure out what can take them soooo long.

In 6 days they pretty much were able to replace every device in the way along with switching to other cables, they surly have some spare lines don't they?

Seems they just don't care as I didn't hear any reasonable explenation why such a problem can not be fixed in such a long period of time.

Mailed Customer Support again asking for something more then "working in something" will update you here if will get any information.

Fingers crossed somone will just go and do something today as apparently not much happend yesterday, let alone weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Blunderbuss

shellie11 wrote:

you can add Dublin 5 to that list, same issues here in Raheny.

My VoIP with blueface is unusable.... :(

I've already emailed customer.support@ntl.ie, I will wait and see what they have to say.....

Another reply from Cutsomer Support I got for my yesterday mail:
    Thank you for your email. I can advise that this fault is affecting customers in
    our Dublin Area, and this fault which is causing Slow Browsing has been marked as a high priority by Ntl and this is been investigated and the fault is been worked on by our Regional Technical and Networks Department.

I can assure you that we are aware of the urgency of this fault and we are doing our utmost in having this fault resolved as quickly as possible.

Have to have hope and belive that they will succseed. At least seems they are aware of scale of the problem.

It is not actully slow browsing as that I could live with but droped packets but guess we can say it is the same issue ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I just spoke to the most pi**ed off CS rep, I couldn't believe her tone. In between Yawns and Sighs she said she doens't know when it will be fixed and that somebody is working on it and that basically that's all there is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭MrO

Yep, same issues in D12 - intermittent packet loss and slow browsing. Must be a backhaul issue if its affecting the whole network.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

I got a reply from Customer Service.
    Bla, bla, bla bla bla "our Technicians and our Headend are aware of this and are trying their best to resolve this Issue, we have no resolution time on this at the moment im afraid". Bla, bla.

I suppose it is not customer service`s fault if they are not informed. However very bad customer service and more indicative of the company in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Unfortunately i regret to advise you that we are experiencing a general problem
    with the BB Internet Connection, our Technicians and our Headend are aware of
    this and are trying their best to resolve this Issue, we have no resolution
    time on this at the moment im afraid.

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you.

As soon as the fault has been resolved if you ring into the below number we
    will certainly credit the Account back for the loss of Service.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800
    321 321 or once again e-mail us on customer.support@ntl.ie

What are they doing?!?

Advertisement