Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleknock Traffic

Options
  • 15-06-2006 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello,

I'm looking at moving to College Grove in Castleknock village (on the rhs as you go away from the village up College Rd towards Castleknock College - 150 yards from lights at Myos). I know a lot of traffic from Lutterellstown, Carpenterstown etc come down that road in the mornings, turning right at Myos and on towards town.

My question is how bad is it? We've driven up there a couple of mornings lately, but with the schools being off it seems fine. What I really want to know is how bad can it get on a wet November morning?

We currently live on the Navan Rd are reluctant to add more than 15 minutes to our journey.

If anyone takes this route to work, you might post a response

Cheers

Jove

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

The route has some of the worst traffic you're ever likely to come across. The mornings can be diabolical, and ten times more so in winter time. That's the harsh truth of it! I've lived in the area since I was 3 and I'm now going on 20 - the traffic has yet to ease up!

Handy area though for town and stuff! Just leave real early...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

jove wrote:
    Hello,

I'm looking at moving to College Grove in Castleknock village (on the rhs as you go away from the village up College Rd towards Castleknock College - 150 yards from lights at Myos). I know a lot of traffic from Lutterellstown, Carpenterstown etc come down that road in the mornings, turning right at Myos and on towards town.

My question is how bad is it? We've driven up there a couple of mornings lately, but with the schools being off it seems fine. What I really want to know is how bad can it get on a wet November morning?

We currently live on the Navan Rd are reluctant to add more than 15 minutes to our journey.

If anyone takes this route to work, you might post a response

Cheers

Jove

The only word for the traffic there in the morning is : MAYHEM

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

It's pretty bad alright.
    Where will you be heading?

I turn right down the hill to Mountsackville instead of left into the village, then have a little windy route through the park to bring me out at conygham rd and onto the quays.
    You can get used to it, take a week or two finding the best route and time to leave avoiding school traffic which adds alot, but it's still traffic and it sucks.

If work or whereever you're headed is close enough, get yourself a bike and you won't turn back, best decision I made to start cycling to work.

Advertisement