Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal form Direct Marketing lists in Ireland?

Options
  • 15-06-2006 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, gfs parents are constantly getting cold calls from Irish firms and unfortunately they recently payed over €1000 for a water-purification system (a de-ioniser as far as I can tell) as the guy that sold it to them basically told them that they were risking their health by not having it! :mad:

My gf has managed to convince them to get their number removed from direct marketing databases but where do we go to do this?

I'm aware of some of the sites in the UK so we will try those anyway but is there a register in Ireland?

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Direct access to the Irish register isn't available unfortunately, you'll need to do it via your provider. Read more here.

Some, like BT, used to allow you to check a box on their website, but this option isn't available now. I would suggest checking back with your provider after having requesed removal, to check that you actually have been removed.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Has anyone actually managed to do this with eircom?? I went into the website - silly me thought they might have an option there. Anyway I found the instructions on what I needed to do and the number I needed to call. So I think 'this is going to be easy now' that I know what options to choose. The instructions on the website were a complete waste of time as the menu options that came up when I actually phoned up were completely different. After about 20 minutes of trying in vain to either find the right option or get a person :eek: on the end of a line, I eventually gave up. So cold calls still keep coming. Why is it so difficult to change this? Everyone I know is fed up (to put it politely) of people phoning them up trying to sell them stuff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I know you posted this last week, but just in case: if you need to speak with an actual human being in Eircom, just shout "AGENT" at the recording and it should get you there.

As for getting removed from the Director of Consumers' Affairs in Ireland (they have a website and they are indeed VERY helpful).

Good luck!

Advertisement