Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patricia Cornwell (Isle of Dogs)

Options
  • 15-06-2006 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I was a great fan of the Scarpetta series, gritty and well written at a very good pace. Then I bought Hornets nest and thought that it was a good read.

After that I bought Isle of Dogs! I struggled through it and thought it was atrocious. Badly written, poorly plotted, farce!

I haven't read anything by her since but have read that she had basically gone rabid defending her Jack the Ripper theories.

So recently, someone bought me "Trace" as a present. Is it any good? Should I read it? I'm reluctant to waste time reading it if it's anything like Isle of Dogs, it's just sitting on my shelf taking up space.

What are other people opinions on Isle of Dogs? Did anyone else think it was funny? Has she bounced back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I haven't read Isle of Dogs, but Trace is pants. It's utterly formulaic; although at this stage I have read about 4 in the Scarpetta series, and I think that's enough for anyone; otherwise you're just wasting your time in the same genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

She's bounced somewhere, but back is not one of them. Funny, yes but not funny ha ha. Trace, Blow Fly, Isle of Dogs all tripe. I have her latest At Risk but haven't started it yet.

Advertisement